Roof Over/Roof Hugger Systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Over/Roof Hugger Systems

We have a retrofit warehouse facility where we initially applied an elastomeric coating which has been a disappointment and we will probably look to move forward with a roof hugger type system for our pitched metal roof. We priced a local company a couple years back that would use Butler's product, was curious if anyone had recommendations on which line to use and if anyone has experience with this and could provide any other advice? Also do you stick to the local metal building contractors or are there regional storage companies that could be competitive as well? Also what's typical price/SF of roof?

Appreciate it!

Re: Roof Over/Roof Hugger Systems

I would think the rubber would just bake in the sun no? I would go with a roof over definitely go with a proper roof over system. I am in Canada so i cant input as to a contractor, but i would use someone who does these systems all the time, not a storage specific contractor.

Also, if its a heated building, insulate while your putting the new roof on!

Comment

sorry i meant to say a proper "roof hugger" system!

Comment

Appreciate the info, we are bidding and someone mentioned a membrane roof that can be applied over metal? On a pitched roof I can't imagine that looks too good, especially after years in the weather and repairs?

Comment

Anyone have experience with Butler as opposed to other Metal Roof options? Looking a the Butler MR-24 system.

Any input on warranties and if terms are negotiable with contractor or Butler and if so whats the best you have gotten as far as length of warranty and did it cover essential items like flashing, ridge etc?

Comment

I would look into putting a conkle roof or there's a roof coating that Sherwin Williams has that comes with a 50 year warrenty. it's a commercial grade type of rubber you roll on with a paint roller. not sure what the name is.
            Eli Miller
            http://www.woodsidestorage.rentals

Comment

Originally posted by elimiller View Post
              I would look into putting a conkle roof or there's a roof coating that Sherwin Williams has that comes with a 50 year warrenty. it's a commercial grade type of rubber you roll on with a paint roller. not sure what the name is.
              Appreciate it......unfortunately we did the elastomeric coating twice. It didn't prevent leaks so the contractor came back and applied it again at no cost and it still didn't do it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• calebtthomas
                Reply to Unstaffed Facilities
                calebtthomas
                We have four facilities and one office. We have 860+ units. We have never had an issue running the remote locations from our office. We set up appointments for rentals and meet the new customers at the site. If a customer absolutely need to pay in cash, we have them come to our office. Which for the...
                Today, 11:21 AM
              • calebtthomas
                Reply to Employee Raises
                calebtthomas
                I do not get bonuses here, but I did receive a nice raise about 6 months into my work here. I do a lot for the company and in return they take care of me. I make a very nice salary and I always strive to improve the business in any and every way I can. I cannot say that if I do not get a raise yearly...
                Today, 11:12 AM
              • Egroenig
                Reply to Tenant hit our keypad
                Egroenig
                Good news is they gave us all their info at the time of incident. So now I guess we have to get on the leg work.
                Fun times
                Today, 11:11 AM
              Working...
              X