Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were starting over with a blank sheet of paper...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
    The owner has told me that if they can find the right plot of land they want to build a new facility. Would not be close to me because the zoning is all wrong for anything close. the right zoning is always close to another facility. I would love to be involved with a new facility that has units and outside parking for RV's, trucks, trailers, boats....etc. Would want a separate building that would handle ancillary support items like ice, beer, quick food, propane, electrical hook ups, septic dump...etc. I even have a name all picked out but don't want to share here for fear of losing it.

Keep me in mind for a Site Plan, brother, I love to work for those who know what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedore View Post

Keep me in mind for a Site Plan, brother, I love to work for those who know what they want.
      Gotta find the land first but thanks.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

This is one of the best threads I have read in these forums - I would recommend a possible "sticky".

The only thing that I would add as a Site Planner: prepare for adequate drive widths. I recommend 25 feet for the longest drives and 30 feet for the shortest cross drives. This provides adequate turn radius for "Yahoos in UHauls" and for fire engines. Go wider for RV storage - 35 feet for 60-degree parking and 60-70 feet for 90-degree. I whole-heartedly agree with bollards at the corners of all buildings & show them on all of my Site Plans.

Steve Smith
        Site Planner
        Building Outlet Corporation

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• QuickTrip
          Reply to Pie in the Sky
          QuickTrip
          UPDATE: Just chatted with a manager who's been with the company since its conception (almost 30 years), and she said she would have done the same as me. If it's not in the tenant's notepad where all correspondence goes, or has had an edit done which would show up in the View which shows all transactions,...
          Today, 03:39 PM
        • RandyL
          Reply to Looking into adding Solar Panels
          RandyL
          Project number 2 is just about complete

Since I know I will be asked this question, the white/gray areas on the roof is flex seal. One lesson I learnt while doing this is to have leaf blower/magnet with you while screwing on the roof. I didn't clean...
          Today, 02:16 PM
        • StrongTeam
          Reply to The Hiring Process
          StrongTeam
          We found our current position on Working Couples. We emailed our resumes and the owner called and talked to me about the office, but talked in length to my husband about maintenance.

Later that day we received an email with pictures of the apartment and a offer letter which had everything...
          Today, 09:59 AM
        Working...
        X