No announcement yet.

Storage Pods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we are looking into the same thing, if we ever get permitted to tear that old building down. Let us know what you find, Pac!
    "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Originally posted by blazer View Post
      we are looking into the same thing, if we ever get permitted to tear that old building down. Let us know what you find, Pac!
      What I found was that the owners did not want to tie up room on the facility where trucks would travel. My facility is accessible to the big over the road trucks with the 53' trailers and I wanted to not allow them on the facility and use some of that room but the proposal was turned down. Just like my drone, with a security camera, for spying. The facility will remain status quo for now. Only way to go is up now and that is not happening. They are looking for another facility or land to build.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Sorry to hear that your idea was shot down. It made a lot of sense to me to make use of the wasted drive space.

By the way, I actually visited the COWS factory in New Jersey a few years ago. They have a slick hydraulic system to drop the portable unit in a driveway. I interviewed for a position to demo the system across the country, but they went a different way.

Comment

We've used the product from USC, Boxwell and the Janus Mass buildings. If you do get the go ahead the less permanent boxes from USC and Boxwell work well, are clean, tidy and you can also sell them easily if you're owner no longer likes the additional rent While they are easy to assemble, it takes closer to 30-45 minutes to assemble and a forklift makes the whole process easy.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

What I found was that the owners did not want to tie up room on the facility where trucks would travel. My facility is accessible to the big over the road trucks with the 53' trailers and I wanted to not allow them on the facility and use some of that room but the proposal was turned down. Just like my drone, with a security camera, for spying. The facility will remain status quo for now. Only way to go is up now and that is not happening. They are looking for another facility or land to build.
            I just toured a facility in Alberta, Canada and the owner has a drone and is now installing a tower with a motion activated light and a 9 shot starter pistol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madman View Post

I just toured a facility in Alberta, Canada and the owner has a drone and is now installing a tower with a motion activated light and a 9 shot starter pistol!!!
              Do you have the elevation limit of 400', for the drone, like we do around here? I don't know when I am getting that drone but I will some day.

Comment

Why not use shipping containers? Cheap and secure and you're being green by repurposing them.

Comment

Originally posted by teesee150 View Post
                  Why not use shipping containers? Cheap and secure and you're being green by repurposing them.
                  Unless you do some insulation on the ceiling, in the direct sunlight and higher temps, it will be sweltering in their. The shipping containers could be harder to move, also. I don't see a problem with using them though. There is a facility, on the other side of town, that is exclusively shipping containers and the whole facility is asphalt with cement curbs for the front and back of each container to sit on. they are side by side and have places for 2 locks. The area where they are at is pretty rough so the clientele is pretty rough as well. I have driven through the place on my day off. The containers are painted all the same color but am just waiting for tagging the containers to begin. They have entry and exit gates but leave them wide open during facility hours.

Comment

I've seen the marketing for COWs! It's actually a really cute and kitschy marketing gimmick where they paint all their containers in splotches just like cows. Easy advertising and unmistakable when you see them moving along the road. But back to the original question, storage pods could potentially be a food option to your self storage business if you have enough volume. Make sure your customers are keen to get into the portable storage idea before you commit to that too!
                    Christopher James
                    http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/...orth-brisbane/

Comment

mmmm.. with enough Ranch dressing you can even eat a portable storage container.
                      In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• QuickTrip
                        Reply to Pie in the Sky
                        QuickTrip
                        UPDATE: Just chatted with a manager who's been with the company since its conception (almost 30 years), and she said she would have done the same as me. If it's not in the tenant's notepad where all correspondence goes, or has had an edit done which would show up in the View which shows all transactions,...
                        Today, 03:39 PM
                      • RandyL
                        Reply to Looking into adding Solar Panels
                        RandyL
                        Project number 2 is just about complete

Since I know I will be asked this question, the white/gray areas on the roof is flex seal. One lesson I learnt while doing this is to have leaf blower/magnet with you while screwing on the roof. I didn't clean...
                        Today, 02:16 PM
                      • StrongTeam
                        Reply to The Hiring Process
                        StrongTeam
                        We found our current position on Working Couples. We emailed our resumes and the owner called and talked to me about the office, but talked in length to my husband about maintenance.

Later that day we received an email with pictures of the apartment and a offer letter which had everything...
                        Today, 09:59 AM
                      Working...
                      X