Spray foam insulation question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray foam insulation question

We are about to expand our facility with more drive-up non-climate controlled units. We have an option for spray foam insulation instead of fiberglass "bag" insulation. Does anybody have experience with spray foam?

Is foam insulation cleanable? Do spider webs stick to them and look nasty and old?

Does spray foam leave a lingering chemical odor?

Any wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

In addition to our storage facilities - we own a spray foam insulation company.

We spray foam the ceilings of all of our new buildings.
    I'm not sure about the spider webs, as we don't clean the ceilings...
    No chemical smell after it is installed.

What are you using insulation for in a non-climate controlled unit?

Comment

We use spray foam in all of our units and love it. Never had to clean it, no odors at all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gina6k
        Reply to SST Member Q&A
        Gina6k
        SST username: Gina6k
        Length of time in the industry: Eek! Umm, 25+ years now.
        How did you get into the self-storage business or become involved with the industry?
        Part time weekend...
        Today, 02:09 AM
      • Gina6k
        Reply to On what grounds can we discriminate?
        Gina6k
        I agree with Ron, tell him to check out your favorite colored door people down the street. If you have your rules for rental posted and he doesn't meet those then he can't rent a unit from you, simple. Interesting thought for you; as the owner/operator do you have more latitude than the average facility...
        Today, 01:46 AM
      • Steve_hajewski
        Reply to How are "long term" contracts handled?
        Steve_hajewski
        I would error on the side of being generous with rent refunds in such a situation. It's not worth the hassle and mad people talk. A lot. It seems to me the goal is for them to be gone and teh unit to be rented to someone else. Recouping some rent for time they weren't there is not the core issue.
        Yesterday, 11:07 PM
      Working...
      X