Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for an Erector for a Trachte Building (Tennessee Project)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an Erector for a Trachte Building (Tennessee Project)

Hey folks... Does anyone have a recommendation in regards to an erector for a project that includes Trachte buildings?

The project is in East Tennessee.

Mark

I'm in the planning stage also, and Trachte can quote with assembly or without. Their labor rate seems very reasonable. You might want to contact your regional sales person.

Tim

Comment

Interesting.... Trachte hasn't offered (or even indicated that they are willing to consider) erection. Their regional sales guy is well aware that the first two erectors that he recommended can't do the job. One committed, then decided that he would rather hang gutters or something.

Comment

In many states we do offer labor directly as part of the building contract, however Tennessee is a state where we are not licensed to do so. In these areas our staff shares contact info for experienced erectors that serve your area. However, we are currently in the midst of what is essentially the largest self-storage construction boom that our country has ever seen, so erectors are in short supply. This can at times mean that the cost per square foot or timelines may not be exactly what you want.

Keep in mind that labor for jobs with insulation will be more costly, as installing it correctly to meet modern codes can be somewhat labor intensive.

While we believe that erectors that have experience with our buildings are most likely to provide a trouble free experience, you may be able to locate a local erector who is qualified to read the detailed plans that we provide with the building. However I would beware of anyone who is NOT busy in the business climate. To me, that is a red flag.

Feel free to contact me or Tom privately to discuss further.

Steve Hajewski
        Marketing Manager
        Trachte Building Systems
        608 327-3208

Comment

However, we are currently in the midst of what is essentially the largest self-storage construction boom that our country has ever seen
          Steve,

I am a Trachte customer and just ordered my engineering prints for state approval, so I am ready to order a few buildings, can you explain your above comment a little more in detail either on here or send me an email?

shannon@shamrockstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
            Reply to Background checks?
            pacnwstorage
            Just before close at 6 PM I had a call from a young guy asking if I had ANY units. First red flag there. I asked if he knew what size he needed and when he needed it. He said I need it today! Second red flag! He said he needed an 8x10 or a 10x10. I have a couple open 5x10 units but no 10x10. I did not...
            Yesterday, 09:59 PM
          • Krypto
            Reply to Background checks?
            Krypto
            Background checks, and credit checks, for a person to rent a storage unit, is a slippery slope for sure! I Pac has the best method, which is to say there are no vacancies, until he can tell that the person will not be a PITA. Everyone has a past, some complaints, maybe even some convictions. You cannot...
            Yesterday, 09:27 PM
          • danikahsafestor
            Reply to Dumbest lock stories?
            danikahsafestor
            We've just assumed they have no idea what they are doing. It's hard to keep a straight face sometimes. Or those people who can't get their unit open and they just need to push down with their foot to slide the latch. It's so satisfying to go all the way out there and open it immediately when they've...
            Yesterday, 08:45 PM
          Working...
          X