Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your experience with portable storage units?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your experience with portable storage units?

I know there are several brands, but....

Have customers expressed concern vs. standard steel buildings?
    Any issues with condensation, ventilation?
    Do they have a lifespan? We have lots of wind, snow, dust.
    Any issues with local gov't regarding permits? I read that they can be considered equipment because they are movable. Is that accurate?

Lots of questions. Thank you for your help!

I guess I better go to Vegas and hear what the salesmen have to say, too!

At one time I thought about using them. Lots of info to consider at the ISS mag and here at the web site, from different manufacturers. They offer insulated or not insulated. They can be many sizes. They can come assembled or not. Looks to be way easier to ship to you not assembled but they brag that can be assembled in less than an hour. Once you get them, make sure you put them exactly where you want them. You don't just move them anywhere at the drop of a hat. You can disassemble and move but would require a lot of work. IMO, I think they would be a good fit for the right facility but would have to be a great situation and would want a very secure facility as well.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
      Reply to Late fees/auction fees
      pacnwstorage
      The only fee, here in Oregon, that is limited is the amount for late fees. My lien fees can be what I want. I charge $50 to cut a lock, $15 for a cert letter, $50 for auction fees. I would bet that those fees may be heavily limited in states like Ca. Typically the lien process starts the very first...
      Today, 12:26 PM
    • habreu
      Reply to Direct Mail...What Experiences Have You Had?
      habreu
      We tried this as vendors (not facility owners) and zilch. The only time I have had any result with this was years ago (in another neighborhood industry) when it included a magnet with our number they could put on the fridge - but it never paid for the cost.
      Today, 12:22 PM
    • habreu
      Reply to Punny catch phrases
      habreu
      Primitive man forages. Modern man Storages....
      Today, 12:18 PM
    Working...
    X