Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your experience with portable storage units?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your experience with portable storage units?

I know there are several brands, but....

Have customers expressed concern vs. standard steel buildings?
    Any issues with condensation, ventilation?
    Do they have a lifespan? We have lots of wind, snow, dust.
    Any issues with local gov't regarding permits? I read that they can be considered equipment because they are movable. Is that accurate?

Lots of questions. Thank you for your help!

I guess I better go to Vegas and hear what the salesmen have to say, too!

At one time I thought about using them. Lots of info to consider at the ISS mag and here at the web site, from different manufacturers. They offer insulated or not insulated. They can be many sizes. They can come assembled or not. Looks to be way easier to ship to you not assembled but they brag that can be assembled in less than an hour. Once you get them, make sure you put them exactly where you want them. You don't just move them anywhere at the drop of a hat. You can disassemble and move but would require a lot of work. IMO, I think they would be a good fit for the right facility but would have to be a great situation and would want a very secure facility as well.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• QuickTrip
      Reply to Pie in the Sky
      QuickTrip
      UPDATE: Just chatted with a manager who's been with the company since its conception (almost 30 years), and she said she would have done the same as me. If it's not in the tenant's notepad where all correspondence goes, or has had an edit done which would show up in the View which shows all transactions,...
      Today, 03:39 PM
    • RandyL
      Reply to Looking into adding Solar Panels
      RandyL
      Project number 2 is just about complete

Since I know I will be asked this question, the white/gray areas on the roof is flex seal. One lesson I learnt while doing this is to have leaf blower/magnet with you while screwing on the roof. I didn't clean...
      Today, 02:16 PM
    • StrongTeam
      Reply to The Hiring Process
      StrongTeam
      We found our current position on Working Couples. We emailed our resumes and the owner called and talked to me about the office, but talked in length to my husband about maintenance.

Later that day we received an email with pictures of the apartment and a offer letter which had everything...
      Today, 09:59 AM
    Working...
    X