Boat/RV - Crushed Stone or Paved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat/RV - Crushed Stone or Paved?

What's everyone feelings / input on crushed stone vs. paved for boat/RV?

If you had 3 to 5 acres for dedicated boat/RV parking, and lets assume none of this 5 acres is fully enclosed...so just open parking and canopied, what would you do, and why?

Currently budgeting, and obviously there's a cost difference.

Options are:

1. Crushed stone for the whole thing.
    2. Paved or Concrete parking pad, crushed stone for the aisles.
    3. Concrete pad for the parking, and paved aisles.

Thoughts and opinions?!?!

**In the Midwest, so snow is a consideration.
    Last edited by PKStorage; 20th April 2017, 09:53 PM.

We usually get a $10/month premium for paved spots over gravel. It's also less area to fight weeds.

I would calculate the increased cost of pads over gravel, and calculate how long it would take to start cash flowing over the investment. Everyone has a different preferred payback period.

Paving will also set you apart from your competitors, which will again allow you to charge more.

Comment

At the recent Florida SSA conference, vendor TrueGridPaver.com had an interesting display of a great product: water permeable, 100% recycled, works with gravel, etc. I think it is a winner.
      TRUEGRID manufactures the world's strongest plastic permeable pavers for grass paving, commercial paving, and stormwater management applications.
      "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal." -Matthew 6:20

Comment

Originally posted by RogerAgness View Post
        At the recent Florida SSA conference, vendor TrueGridPaver.com had an interesting display of a great product: water permeable, 100% recycled, works with gravel, etc. I think it is a winner.
        That is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing Roger. It does look like a winner.

Comment

Thanks for the info Roger.

I actually have looked at a similar product to this, and have it on my list to price. Ironically, a good friend of mine could not find suitable storage for his boat, so parked it in the grass behind his garage. After a few rains he quickly realized that wasn't going to work, and purchased a similar product to install in his grass to keep things clean and level.

Thanks for the info as well Nick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
            Reply to "Double Rent"
            pacnwstorage
            See what I mean, it can never be her fault in this scenario. You have to be an "idiot" to not be a mind reader. Also, if she had wanted the door with the hole in it she would have jumped your ass for checking and said, "I ought to know what I was looking for, I am not an idiot! You don't...
            Yesterday, 06:04 PM
          • letsgosonics
            Reply to "Double Rent"
            letsgosonics
            Same thing, different topic, I had a lady yesterday chew me out because she was buying some doors from me off Facebook, and when she was ready to leave, I messaged her to make sure she was getting a certain door. It had a small hole at the bottom so I wanted to see if that's the one she wanted. Well...
            Yesterday, 05:28 PM
          • pacnwstorage
            Reply to Introduction of Facility Owner in North Carolina
            pacnwstorage
            Benjamin, you're gonna make me blush! When you first posted about that lady paying you said she paid with check. Nothing gets by Lisa T, and that is why she mentioned a bad check. The low paying tenants need to jump to the new street rate as soon as is legal. I had almost the same problem when I took...
            Yesterday, 05:18 PM
          Working...
          X