Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Coversion Costs for 13K sq ft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coversion Costs for 13K sq ft

H All,

Recently picked up a small warehouse that may be a candidate for conversion. While there is >20K sq ft of space and sits on ~2 acres, it is a bit broken up inside so that the main space is ~13K sq ft if I ignore the several side rooms and various dead space. On the plus side, it is in an good density urban location and current zoning allows SS. I've done a preliminary layout of the inside space (which will probably change) and get ~225 units. Also took a stab at the outside (already paved and drained) and got another ~100 units (will price that phase separately). Not on the scale of most new builds but not nothing either.

Looking to get a ballpark conversion costs for the build out of the insides. I know that there will be other costs (e.g. engineering check regarding the load baring, feasibility study, architect for actual plans, etc). I have seen estimates ranging from $3 to $15 per sq ft which seem quite wide. Yes, a feasibility study will include specific cost projections but just trying to do some back of the envelope work before spending real $$ on this option for the property.

I've put calls into a couple of suppliers but have not heard back yet.

Anyone done a internal single floor conversion project recently and can provide a data point (the more data points the better).

Thanks

I would suggest to use a budget number of $6 psf for steel, $2.5 for labor install per rentable sq ft (which is typically about 20% of the raw building space). I just finished a case study video on a grocery store conversion that you may find interesting: http://www.trachte.com/seminars-vide...72297520da2051

The number above might be a little off depending on the details, but it's close enough to tell you if this is worth doing or not.

Steve Hajewski
    Trachte Building Systems
    608 327-3208
    shajewski@trachte.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X