Don't block the doors!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't block the doors!!

I work in a multi-story climate and I can't wrap my head around it. I mean how many times do you have to tell your tenants not to block entry doors? i mean there are SIGNS posted telling you not to do it because they could stop working and compromise the security of the building and in the end YOUR BELONGINGS!! I don't get why grown folks just can't get it together.

They must think that the rules do not apply to them!
    Attached Files
    www.columbiastoragegroup

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Or maybe this...
      Attached Files
      www.columbiastoragegroup

Comment

Oh goodness that is great!

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
          Or maybe this...
          Love this!
          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Originally posted by mystorageva View Post
            I work in a multi-story climate and I can't wrap my head around it. I mean how many times do you have to tell your tenants not to block entry doors? i mean there are SIGNS posted telling you not to do it because they could stop working and compromise the security of the building and in the end YOUR BELONGINGS!! I don't get why grown folks just can't get it together.
            How, exactly, are they blocking the doors? Are they parking in front of them? Putting belongings in front of them?

Some tenants, no matter how many times you say it, or how loudly, never get it. The world revolves around them and they are never in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

How, exactly, are they blocking the doors? Are they parking in front of them? Putting belongings in front of them?

Some tenants, no matter how many times you say it, or how loudly, never get it. The world revolves around them and they are never in the wrong.
              More like putting items in the way of the sliding doors to prevent them from closing. Which in my case I

Comment

I have Fire doors which when they are prevented from closing they pop off the tracks and remain open

Comment

Originally posted by mystorageva View Post
                  I have Fire doors which when they are prevented from closing they pop off the tracks and remain open
                  You can verbally warn them the following
                  "If I find you in violation of the properties rules, such as DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING OF YOURS TO PROP OPEN THE FIRE SAFETY DOORS, your access will be denied to the office hours only. If this violation continues, we will have no alternative but to revoke your privileges and you will be asked to vacate your unit. Thank you and have a nice day"
                  www.columbiastoragegroup

Comment

You can verbally warn them the following
                    "If I find you in violation of the properties rules, such as DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING OF YOURS TO PROP OPEN THE FIRE SAFETY DOORS, your access will be denied to the office hours only. If this violation continues, we will have no alternative but to revoke your privileges and you will be asked to vacate your unit. Thank you and have a nice day"
                    We let them know all this at the time of rental. I have already handed out warnings and have at this time 7 customers having to go through the office. Ugh why are we babysitting grown children

Comment

Well it may be time to start charging them real $$ when you or a vendor has to repair those doors!
                      Start giving them a "violation fee" when they are in violation of the rules!!!
                      www.columbiastoragegroup

Comment

Well it may be time to start charging them real $$ when you or a vendor has to repair those doors!
                        Start giving them a "violation fee" when they are in violation of the rules!!!
                        That's a good idea. I'll have to put that idea into my director's head.

Comment

Time to start cutting some tenants loose and sending them on their way.
                          Since you've already handed out warnings and these same tenants keep violating your policy, time for some lease terminations.
                          Start giving 30 day notices, and be very specific as to the reason why..."despite repeated warnings about the fire doors, you have continued to block them," or something similar. Don't take excuses, and don't change your mind and let them stay because they promise never to do it again.
                          They've not stopped the behavior after being told more than once, it will continue.

Comment

Either mail a letter or email it to them telling them they CANNOT under ANY circumstances use anything to prevent doors from closing. Tell them if you have to have repairs done as a result, you'll charge them as a way to recoup the expense incurred by their negligence and laziness. If that's too much for them, they can pound dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by dreid View Post
                              Either mail a letter or email it to them telling them they CANNOT under ANY circumstances use anything to prevent doors from closing. Tell them if you have to have repairs done as a result, you'll charge them as a way to recoup the expense incurred by their negligence and laziness. If that's too much for them, they can pound dirt.
                              Pound Dirt huh? lol I like that analogy there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                                Reply to Very interesting conversation with a prospective tenant
                                Storman
                                I know what you mean about the 5x5 people. I often get breathless calls from people with no phone manners at all, they start talking before my greeting is completed, with "how much for your smallest unit, I need it tonight, like right now, how much?"

Sorry. I only have large...
                                Yesterday, 09:57 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to airBNB for storage space?
                                pacnwstorage
                                Went to Disneyland 2 times in the early 70's when I was in the service. First time I went I wanted to see everything because I had never been before. The second time, I was tipsy and was just having fun seeing the sights. When in the service overseas I went to Hawaii about 8 times and been to Hong Kong...
                                Yesterday, 08:32 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to Very interesting conversation with a prospective tenant
                                pacnwstorage
                                My signature kinda answers the question of how all tenants should act at a facility. Those managers applied all facility policies to all tenants, the same way. If the tenant doesn't like it, too bad and move out and find a facility that will let them act the way they want. Facilities that are ran like...
                                Yesterday, 06:00 PM
                              Working...
                              X