Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermatic Timer Help

Hello all!

So I am trying to learn these Intermatic Timers, the ones that look like birth control, and I am having some troubles. The owner of the facility said they do come on at night, but when I tried changing the on and off metal pins to make the lights come on now for a lighting inspection, I couldn't get them on. I adjusted them several times and flipped the switch off for a while, but no luck. The gears inside are turning, so I know it's getting power. Do the metal on and off pins have to be wired to something? There is nothing on the back of them after I adjusted the times. Also, the timer is set to the correct time as well. I'm just worried they won't turn on tonight and the owner will get upset with me. I just started here last week so I don't wanna get the boss man upset!

Thank you!

First, let the Boss Man know what you are trying to do and you are working on it. It sounds like they weren't working correctly before, were they? You could leave them set at where they were and do the research. Hopefully as you go thru this you document what you are doing in your attempts so that you have notes of what worked to refer to. Also, go on the internet and look for instructions.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

pacnwstorage Thanks! The timers were set at weird hours, on at 6 am and off at 7 am... but he said they were working at night so I'm kinda confused. I've been looking online but haven't found much. I've watched a few youtube videos, and they all did exactly what I did but mine didn't come on.

Comment

I had one of those timers once at a home I bought. I could not figure it out. I had it wired around with a switch that I turned on when I wanted.

Comment

I don't know if you have the same timer, but I have watched this video a couple of times in preparation for our opening. I have this same timer, but unfortunately, no direct personal experience yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqNZc5cW_KE

Comment

SteveMac That is the timer! I've seen this video, thanks so much! But my question is, do the little metal pins that say "On" and "Off" attached to anything? Like do they need to be wired to something or do they connect to anything? The ones on our timer were not even the circle yellow thing, they were in a bag. I put them on at the times I want them on and off but didn't connect them to anything.

Comment

If I understand it correctly the pins, when installed correctly, are not attached but do trigger a mechanism under the wheel, at the times you set them at. The outer part is for your eyes and the under part is where the real magic happens.

Comment

pacnwstorage Oh awesome. Yeah one is metal and the other is copper so I'm wondering if it's programmed to know the frequency or something like that so it knows which pin is which. I really appreciate the help! I might ride by the facility tonight and see if they're on.

Comment

That you tube video should explain the difference in the pins and explain what they do, depending on whether they are steel or copper.

Comment

Awesome thanks, I don't have sound on my computer at work so I didn't get to listen haha. I'll watch when I get home!

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                      If I understand it correctly the pins, when installed correctly, are not attached but do trigger a mechanism under the wheel, at the times you set them at. The outer part is for your eyes and the under part is where the real magic happens.
                      This is my understanding as well. They will trip the lever to On or Off as the case may be.

Comment

Oh perfect! Thank you SteveMac

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                          Reply to Late fees/auction fees
                          pacnwstorage
                          The only fee, here in Oregon, that is limited is the amount for late fees. My lien fees can be what I want. I charge $50 to cut a lock, $15 for a cert letter, $50 for auction fees. I would bet that those fees may be heavily limited in states like Ca. Typically the lien process starts the very first...
                          Today, 12:26 PM
                        • habreu
                          Reply to Direct Mail...What Experiences Have You Had?
                          habreu
                          We tried this as vendors (not facility owners) and zilch. The only time I have had any result with this was years ago (in another neighborhood industry) when it included a magnet with our number they could put on the fridge - but it never paid for the cost.
                          Today, 12:22 PM
                        • habreu
                          Reply to Punny catch phrases
                          habreu
                          Primitive man forages. Modern man Storages....
                          Today, 12:18 PM
                        Working...
                        X