5th Wheel with a Yukon plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Wheel with a Yukon plate?

Hello, I have a question. My assistant took in a tenant with a 5th Wheel that has a Yukon License plate with no title and a copy of the last owner registration that was expired in 2001. She is in the Lien process. I have a feeling she dumped it here, the 5th Wheel is in really bad condition. Does anyone have any idea the direction I should take. We are in the state of Arizona. I sent an email to the Self storage association. I am waiting to hear back from them. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you!

Check your lien laws in your state to see if you are allowed to have it towed. If you are, that is the easiest way to get rid of it. You do not get any funds for it, but you also do not have to deal with DMV's etc.

If you cannot, then you will need to follow your state lien laws regarding auctioning of vehicles. Great thinking contacting your association. Good Luck.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    Senior VP of Operations
    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Like MCG said, tow it away if you can but if you can't and have to go thru the lien process then all you can do is work with what you are given. Get the VIN number off of it and do a title search at the DMV. You said she got a copy of an old expired registration, do the numbers match, does the name on the registration match the tenant? Sounds like the name doesn't match, if I read it correctly. You said in the lien process but made not mention about contact attempts. Once you get this all figured out, from now on make 1000% for sure that the correct procedure is always followed for outside storage of all types of vehicles/boats/trailers....etc. Hopefully the SSA can guide you thru this all. By the way, what does your statutes say about towing away? Do you know?
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        Like MCG said, tow it away if you can but if you can't and have to go thru the lien process then all you can do is work with what you are given. Get the VIN number off of it and do a title search at the DMV. You said she got a copy of an old expired registration, do the numbers match, does the name on the registration match the tenant? Sounds like the name doesn't match, if I read it correctly. You said in the lien process but made not mention about contact attempts. Once you get this all figured out, from now on make 1000% for sure that the correct procedure is always followed for outside storage of all types of vehicles/boats/trailers....etc. Hopefully the SSA can guide you thru this all. By the way, what does your statutes say about towing away? Do you know?
        Good questions. I am going to check into the statutes on towing it away. Yes the numbers match. Because this is a Canadian Provence, I do not think our state DMV search will work? Or am I wrong? I have tried every way I can to contact her, both the phone numbers she left were not working numbers. The certified letter receipt has her signature on it, so I know she received that. But she has not contacted us or anything. I have even went to her Facebook page and asked her to call us to let us know if she abandoned it. And you can bet we are not going to allow this to happen again. If the registration is not currant and if the name is not the same as the person who is storing, they will not rent here! Thank you so much for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
          Check your lien laws in your state to see if you are allowed to have it towed. If you are, that is the easiest way to get rid of it. You do not get any funds for it, but you also do not have to deal with DMV's etc.

If you cannot, then you will need to follow your state lien laws regarding auctioning of vehicles. Great thinking contacting your association. Good Luck.
          Yes I am checking the towing statues. Thank you for letting me know about this.

Comment

Originally posted by allsecure View Post

Yes I am checking the towing statues. Thank you for letting me know about this.
            My biggest problem is that the License plate is Canadian. Would this make a difference on towing it?

Comment

The towing difference would only be with what your Provence allows. We are in the states. I know what my state says. Like MCG said, get hot on whether you can just have it towed away. When and if it can be towed, the towing company will know about what they have to do. Document everything. By the way, I think that trailer was just dumped on you.

Comment

Sorry, I was busy! In answer to your question about our state abandonment laws. The law excludes Storage Facilities. A.R.S. 28-4389 A vehicle that is left in a public garage or parking lot for storage or parking more than ten days, that has not been left under a written contract of storage and that has not during that period been removed by the person leaving it is an abandoned vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by allsecure View Post
                  Sorry, I was busy! In answer to your question about our state abandonment laws. The law excludes Storage Facilities. A.R.S. 28-4389 A vehicle that is left in a public garage or parking lot for storage or parking more than ten days, that has not been left under a written contract of storage and that has not during that period been removed by the person leaving it is an abandoned vehicle.
                  Ok, so you laid out what the statutes say about public garage, parking lot or parking more than 10 days without a written contract. What does the statutes say about self storage? There has to be some statute that addresses this. It may not even be in the same heading for self storage. Statutes that I deal with are under ORS 87, ORS 90 and ORS 98. Or just go thru the lien process and bite the time bullet and get it gone at auction or after the auction.

Comment

ARS.pdf

Ok, so you laid out what the statutes say about public garage, parking lot or parking more than 10 days without a written contract. What does the statutes say about self storage? There has to be some statute that addresses this. It may not even be in the same heading for self storage. Statutes that I deal with are under ORS 87, ORS 90 and ORS 98. Or just go thru the lien process and bite the time bullet and get it gone at auction or after the auction.
                    It says that has not been left under a written contract of storage. We have a written contract. I've attached a copy of the statutes says, please let me know if I am reading it wrong.
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMO, it is talking about a written contract of storage at a public garage or parking lot. Neither of those are self storage facilities. I am only talking about self storage statutes and anything that mentions vehicles, of any sort, at a self storage facility. If the above statute is all that there is about towing away something and self storage facilities are never mentioned anywhere else in the statutes, then a lien sale is what I would do.

The next thing I would do is take that assistant out back and give them a whipping with a belt. LOL!

Comment

IMO, it is talking about a written contract of storage at a public garage or parking lot. Neither of those are self storage facilities. I am only talking about self storage statutes and anything that mentions vehicles, of any sort, at a self storage facility. If the above statute is all that there is about towing away something and self storage facilities are never mentioned anywhere else in the statutes, then a lien sale is what I would do.

The next thing I would do is take that assistant out back and give them a whipping with a belt. LOL!
                        Thank you I will continue looking.
                        I would take the assistant out back, but he is no longer here! lol

Comment

A better line would have been the one Jackie Gleason said to his dumb dumb son while they were chasing Burt Reynolds in "Smokey and the Bandit",

"When I get home I'm gonna punch your mama right in the mouth!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Krypto
                            Reply to Sick of Tenants Who Are Jerks
                            Krypto
                            This is so true Pac, you have got to teach them how you do business the right way, right out of the gate. Otherwise, this WILL happen again.
                            Today, 09:00 PM
                          • pacnwstorage
                            Reply to What is a typical managers schedule?
                            pacnwstorage
                            At last facility I had a relief lady one day a week on Saturday and I had Sat and Sun off. Here I work Tuesday thru Saturday and have 2 days off. I live on site at both places. Had my share of "people bothering me when off but that is the nature of the beast. I love the on site living quarters...
                            Today, 08:45 PM
                          • jodikay1
                            What is a typical managers schedule?
                            jodikay1
                            I'm wondering what a manager schedule looks like. Is it typical for a manager to have two days off in a row? Are they usually on-call and need to be within driving distance all the time? Would this be different if it was an on-site vs off-site manager? I read the salary survey report, but didn't...
                            Today, 08:29 PM
                          Working...
                          X