Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Payroll software-or file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payroll software-or file

We're a small company and we've been using excel to send in our payroll. However, I hate it and my owner hates it. Is there something that you use that's easy to input hours, doesn't need a computer degree to read and easy to send to payroll/boss? We're pretty laid back, we don't enter our hours everyday. We put up the schedule for the month, and change the hours if needs be (like when I got rear ended and had to get quotes for the damage and Mike took those hours for me) before we send it off to payroll.
    I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

You want a punch clock? or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by mmidgley View Post
      You want a punch clock? or something along those lines.
      Nah, more of a computer idea.

Comment

Use post its and stick them "to" the computer monitor. Gather them at the end of each month. Use different colored ones so it looks like a pretty flower around your monitor.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          Use post its and stick them "to" the computer monitor. Gather them at the end of each month. Use different colored ones so it looks like a pretty flower around your monitor.
          Maybe NOT so low tech...lol. Not helpful, Pac.

Comment

Yea, I get it. I think I was born too late. Except for my new cell phone, of course. I still use post its a lot.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We use Intuit. All of our employees fill out their time sheets on the computer. Very easy. Check it out.
              Stephanie Tharpe
              Senior VP of Operations
              A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
              Nashville, TN
              http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
              www.tnssa.net

Comment

I feel like filling out a spreadsheet is really all that needed. Just make a better habit of filing it out. We use Spread sheets.... you dont fill it out, you dont get paid lol

Comment

Originally posted by mmidgley View Post
                  I feel like filling out a spreadsheet is really all that needed. Just make a better habit of filing it out. We use Spread sheets.... you dont fill it out, you dont get paid lol
                  Oh, we prefill out for the month. Our schedules are static, we just need better readability and if we find something that will works better we're going to use it for all of the facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                    We use Intuit. All of our employees fill out their time sheets on the computer. Very easy. Check it out.
                    I'll see if they're using Quickbooks already, it may be just that easy. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• newstorageguy
                      Reply to Hello Group
                      newstorageguy
                      lol... well, very inexperienced will be me. And if they are sleeping in the unit in January they will be frozen quickly in our area...... I know i will be relying on all of our expertise at that time. Bring on January 2. thanks,...
                      Yesterday, 11:41 PM
                    • pacnwstorage
                      Reply to Hello Group
                      pacnwstorage
                      Well then, come January, when the first excuse for non payment or you catch a sleeper in a unit or have to deal with figuring out if you should rent to a person or just overlook the joint behind their ear and the beer can in their hand, you will be "experienced" and have to learn how to swim...
                      Yesterday, 11:22 PM
                    • newstorageguy
                      Reply to Hello Group
                      newstorageguy
                      Well I guess my plain name worked......lol thanks to all for their messages. I am in WI. Looking forward to learning more from all of you. You are the experts and I am the virgin.......
                      Yesterday, 11:13 PM
                    Working...
                    X