Charging Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Fees

Great article on the ISS website about charging fees. What would you add to the topic?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I use all of these with the cleaning fee being the least charged one, once in over 4 years. Late fee kicks in much quicker than 30 days.

I do charge a 24/7 access fee for only certain tenants that I completely trust. It is nothing I advertise.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      I use all of these with the cleaning fee being the least charged one, once in over 4 years. Late fee kicks in much quicker than 30 days.

I do charge a 24/7 access fee for only certain tenants that I completely trust. It is nothing I advertise.
      Pac, if you don't mind me asking, what do you charge for 24/7? We charge a fee too, but I think its way too high.
      "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

I charge an additional $30 a month fee for that. Basically an average of a $1 a day extra on the rent. I really don't want to do it at all but if a trusted tenant wants to pay that fee, no problem. There could be some willing to pay $200 extra a month ad they would not get that option.

Comment

We charge $35, so I guess its not as bad as I thought. We don't advertise it at all, but sometimes people ask. thx for your input.
          "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

We charge a 24 hour access fee as well. We also charge an Auction Cancellation Fee and a No Vacate Notice Fee.
            Stephanie Tharpe
            Senior VP of Operations
            A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
            Nashville, TN
            http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
            www.tnssa.net

Comment

Make your first late fee something that stings a little. We changed from a $10 first late fee to a $20 first late fee...and our delinquency rate has more than cut in half since then. We also only charge one large lien fee that covers everything for the lien process. I hear from lots of customers who aren't upset at our one late fee but are upset at many small fees at other facilities. And...that one large fee is a real deterrent before they let their account become that delinquent.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                We charge a 24 hour access fee as well. We also charge an Auction Cancellation Fee and a No Vacate Notice Fee.
                Hmmm an "auction cancellation fee" ??

Steph, as in the tenant pays before sale date and I add more fee's?

I likey!
                Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I have 24 hour access to all tenants and don't charge a fee for that. But I also get $118.00 for a 5x10 so I guess you can say it is in the rent. We also charge $35.00 if we have to drill a lock and give them a new one. That makes them look a little harder for the keys.

Storage treasures will charge you if you cancel an auction so yes I pass that on to the tenant to.
                  Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by jlemke View Post
                    I have 24 hour access to all tenants and don't charge a fee for that. But I also get $118.00 for a 5x10 so I guess you can say it is in the rent. We also charge $35.00 if we have to drill a lock and give them a new one. That makes them look a little harder for the keys.

Storage treasures will charge you if you cancel an auction so yes I pass that on to the tenant to.
                    Bid13-no charges to the facility for anything.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X