Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Mothballs in my climate controlled facility, and I can't pinpoint who it is!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Mothballs in my climate controlled facility, and I can't pinpoint who it is!!!

We have very clear language in our lease that disallows any odorous contents and it explicitly mentions mothballs. Alas, no one reads the lease I guess...

So what to do? I've tried smelling around the units, and believe I've got it narrowed down to 1 quadrant. I'm sending and email to those tenants now, but I'm not sure what the next steps are if they ignore/don't see the email or don't remember using mothballs when they stored stuff.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hotels have those mobile 'odor' removers specifically for things like cigarette smoke-I'd bet they'd work for moth balls. That's a bad smell but I remember it fondly because our Halloween trunk had a bunch of old clothing and moth balls in the bottom.

https://www.odorfreemachines.com/hot...SABEgL_V_D_BwE
    Last edited by KrisinNC; 13th February 2018, 03:30 PM.
    I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

That email should include a warning of numerous $ amounts to track down, rid the area and clean up for the smell after you find out who has done that. There are certain areas of the lease that I cover face to face with the tenant. I don't expect them to actually read the lease. Anything I feel is important is gone over and initialed by that tenant. I have come right out and said to some tenants that I do not accept the excuse, "I didn't know".
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Odoban makes a great smell absorb-er they carry it at home depot and it is less than $1. There are far worse smells!!! They also have many great cleaning agents. Good luck.

Comment

Note: They may be attempting to cover up the smell of something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Note: They may be attempting to cover up the smell of something else.
            Oh, yikes. That's a nightmare. What can possibly be WORSE than mothballs that they're trying to hide? (please don't be bodies)
            I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X