Online Rentals - Amazing Results !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Rentals - Amazing Results !

Some of you had asked me to post feedback on renting units online without seeing the tenant . Weve only been set up for 2 weeks and so far weve rented 1- 10x20 and 3 10x10s . The tenant does all the paperwork and I get an email notification . They pay using their credit card .
    Im very excited about the prospect of being at home on Sunday and being able to rent a unit . So far , Ive had conversations with these tenants and Ive not had any red flags . Ill keep you posted !

I truly wish you luck. Your excitement is jumping off the screen.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      I truly wish you luck. Your excitement is jumping off the screen.
      )

Comment

I see no problem renting units online, but I make them sign the paperwork in person before they move in, and get a valid copy of their ID. Anyone can rent online under someone elses name. When/if they go to auction, good luck with that legal battle.

Hopefully it works out for you, to me the extra couple rentals aren't worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post
          I see no problem renting units online, but I make them sign the paperwork in person before they move in, and get a valid copy of their ID. Anyone can rent online under someone elses name. When/if they go to auction, good luck with that legal battle.

Hopefully it works out for you, to me the extra couple rentals aren't worth the risk.
          That is why I mark my open units "damaged" so they don't show at the web site. Then the people call and if they pass my spidey senses during the call and talk then I can remove the damaged label and walk them thru the rental on the phone and then of course get the photo I.D. copy and signature and assign a gate code. If I get a bad feeling at the counter when they finally show up, I can refund and back out. I have only done that one time in almost 5 years.

Comment

We just started last month renting on line and it is working good so far. We have Kiosks and there is not a lot of difference But you know nothing is perfect. I guess you could call it the future.
            Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post
              We just started last month renting on line and it is working good so far. We have Kiosks and there is not a lot of difference But you know nothing is perfect. I guess you could call it the future.
              Its the way the millennials do business. We rented 2 today .

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post

Lets be clear . They have to produce a Drivers License and pay by their credit card . Im not worried at all . Id rather have a tenant pay online with a credit card then to show up with cash at my counter . 99 percent of the time cash paying customers are a PIA, need to be constantly reminded to pay and many go to auction .
                Last edited by storage-gal; 20th May 2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by storage-gal View Post

Lets be clear . They have to produce a Drivers License and pay by their credit card . Im not worried at all . Id rather have a tenant pay online with a credit card then to show up with cash at my counter . 99 percent of the time cash paying customers are a PIA, need to be constantly reminded to pay and many go to auction .
                  Love that comfort level. However, cash is the only payment you are certain about. With checks, they can bounce, with cards they can charge-back.

Comment

I have done many online rentals and they are easy as can be. They rent the unit, pay online and then come in to sign the paperwork with a copy of their ID. It really is the wave of the future in my opinion. The only problem I have run into is several of them have ended up renting a unit that won't work for them for one reason or another, so I end up transferring them to one that will. Other than that I think it's awesome and have had great experience with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tercelet1 View Post

Love that comfort level. However, cash is the only payment you are certain about. With checks, they can bounce, with cards they can charge-back.
                      Ive never had a charge back in 6 years . Call me lucky ! Personal checks seem to be obsolete . They pay using their debit card .

Comment

Originally posted by badgorillawife View Post
                        I have done many online rentals and they are easy as can be. They rent the unit, pay online and then come in to sign the paperwork with a copy of their ID. It really is the wave of the future in my opinion. The only problem I have run into is several of them have ended up renting a unit that won't work for them for one reason or another, so I end up transferring them to one that will. Other than that I think it's awesome and have had great experience with it.
                        Yes , Sizes can be an issue. Personally I think its awesome as well . This is the way of the future and all the big box companies are offering . Time will tell

Comment

The size issue is one of the reasons I insist on talking to the prospective tenant first. I want to know what is being stored and what size will be needed. Too many times the tenant will over estimate or under estimate and that can lead to a damaged unit if trying to cram items in.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                            The size issue is one of the reasons I insist on talking to the prospective tenant first. I want to know what is being stored and what size will be needed. Too many times the tenant will over estimate or under estimate and that can lead to a damaged unit if trying to cram items in.
                            WE just had our website redone by Automatit ( they work closely with Sitelink ) They provide an awesome tool for determining sizes. You put in everything that you have to store and it will give a size.
                            Pac I know that you are almost full. ( We used to be ) Several of the locally owned storage facilities in our city were bought out by big box companies.; and our province in Canada is in recession. Rentals are down due to both these. We have to stay abreast to be competitive . Offering the online rentals is a convenience and I am doing everything I can to drive up rentals. I believe this system will not be without it's flaws, but I simply can't just sit and not try to help our revenue increase . This is just one of many things I'm up to these days. Have a great day ! .

Comment

storage-gal, it's great you are excited with the new "toy" and am pulling for you. I just do it a little differently. I am spoiled by being full most of the time and the owner just telling me to run it the way I want to. With last managers the owner and his wife were in the office here at least 2 times a week.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X