Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Favorite tenant type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite tenant type

Something lady said in another thread made me think of this.

What is your favorite type of tenant? The tenant that pays rent every month on time is not what I am looking for, by the way.

Examples: Elderly, couples, men, women, young, commercial, at facility a few times a month, never visits their unit, the office talkers, the quiet ones, current military, veterans, first responders, etc......
    It can be more than one choice, maybe a combination of 2-3 examples or even an example I didn't list.
    Last edited by pacnwstorage; 16th February 2017, 12:59 PM.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

What are my favorite types of tenants...........
    Hmmm

1. Auto pay tenants ( do they count?) LOL
    2. I happen to like the "frequent visitor" tenant. (at this very moment, I am dealing with squirrels and that tenant who has NEVER come to her unit in 25 years, yeah she is going to be in for a rude awakening if she ever comes to visit her stuff!!!
    3. The tenant's who brings me presents, which can include donuts, coffee and cash!!!
    4. My "low maintenance" tenants are probably my all time favs!!!
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Annual pay tenants...

Comment

YES
        Pre pay tenant's
        Pre pay at time of move in tenant's, they are awesome!!!
        I love them too!!!!
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Now students! I specifically said that the tenant that pays on time each month should not be included. If you must, I guess the pre-pay for several months is not the same but we are now splitting hairs. But they would be included in the disclaimer tenant that would pay each month, even though they paid for multiple months in advance. Sheeesh!

Comment

LOVE LOVE LOVE the elderly! Gotta love the military guys who store too. They are always so funny and tend to be way more easy going!

Comment

I like our business tenants, they are the best. They understand that we're running a business so I don't get a lot of flack b/c of rent increases and what have you.
              An apple a day keeps ANYONE away if you throw it hard enough.

Comment

I don't think I have one specific "type" of tenant, I do love the sweet older ones, and we have some really fun tenants that we love to joke around with and give them a hard time, I guess we don't get a lot of specific types like military etc. We have several returning customers every year that I make sure to reserve spaces for, does that count?
                "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Originally posted by blazer View Post
                  I don't think I have one specific "type" of tenant, I do love the sweet older ones, and we have some really fun tenants that we love to joke around with and give them a hard time, I guess we don't get a lot of specific types like military etc. We have several returning customers every year that I make sure to reserve spaces for, does that count?
                  Yes it does count. I do have a nice lady that is a looker as well that comes in and pays each month and stays to talk. She kind of flirts and she will have her daughter with her or her son or even her husband at times and still does it. She told me once she just likes to joke with me and our politics are the same so she likes to stick around and talk. She is one of my favs. Love the military and first responders as well.

Comment

We have a few that pay like clockwork and we never see.
                    How can you not love a client that has four 10X24 units, and who's bank cuts a check every month on the 25th? They've not set foot on the property in at least 10 years.
                    Love those folks...

Comment

masterbuilder, unless you moved them in and saw them, how do you know they aren't the Conehead family from Remulak. They could have "mass quantities" of just 4 different things in those 4 units. Ok though, right.

Comment

People who store for business -- not running a business but salesman that keep their stuff in storage for easy access. Their autopay rarely fails, they don't complain, they're usually very polite and they stay for a long time. Second favorite would be the ones that move in, pre-pay for 6 months or a year and only come in every once in a while and to pay again. Those are the best in my opinion because they're using it for what it is-- somewhere to leave their stuff and they don't give me any grief.

Comment

My favourite storage tenants are the ones that I don't need to chase for things! If they can get that right, then I pretty much love them. I'd love them even more if they came in after a few years and rented another unit, or if they say hi to me and my employees when they come by too. Being polite goes a long way in my books don't you reckon?
                          Christopher James
                          http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/...orth-brisbane/

Comment

I have some tenants, especially at the holidays, that send in payments with a nice note or a card thanking me. I have one lady that always has a new joke for me each month. I also have one that is late every single month and each month I get to hear a new excuse. I document each one and I read back thru tenant history. So far she has not duplicated an excuse in the 3+ years I have been dealing with her. That fact, all by itself, is funny to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• newstorageguy
                              Reply to Hello Group
                              newstorageguy
                              lol... well, very inexperienced will be me. And if they are sleeping in the unit in January they will be frozen quickly in our area...... I know i will be relying on all of our expertise at that time. Bring on January 2. thanks,...
                              Yesterday, 11:41 PM
                            • pacnwstorage
                              Reply to Hello Group
                              pacnwstorage
                              Well then, come January, when the first excuse for non payment or you catch a sleeper in a unit or have to deal with figuring out if you should rent to a person or just overlook the joint behind their ear and the beer can in their hand, you will be "experienced" and have to learn how to swim...
                              Yesterday, 11:22 PM
                            • newstorageguy
                              Reply to Hello Group
                              newstorageguy
                              Well I guess my plain name worked......lol thanks to all for their messages. I am in WI. Looking forward to learning more from all of you. You are the experts and I am the virgin.......
                              Yesterday, 11:13 PM
                            Working...
                            X