Tools to pick locks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools to pick locks

I would like information about tools that can pick locks. I know they sell some on the internet, but can they really pick all types of locks? I am just looking for input, and this is the best place to get info. As you all know we get to worrying about every scenario that can happen. We have a very good record here, but you never know!

Lots of legal and illegal sources for that. You can even get on you tube and see videos of making these tools for certain locks and how to use them. I would call Cat Burglars R Us or check their web site for info! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Lots of legal and illegal sources for that. You can even get on you tube and see videos of making these tools for certain locks and how to use them. I would call Cat Burglars R Us or check their web site for info! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
      Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I had a customer come in and say that his stuff was moved in his unit. I asked him was the lock broke, he said no but there are tools that they can open the lock and put it back on. Have you heard of that? All I've heard of is they cut the locks.

Comment

If a lock is picked it could be re-locked if it was a padlock design where you can lock without a key and maybe even the disc locks that need the key to re-lock can also. Not sure about those. Locks on doors can be picked and then the lock works fine after. Damage done while picking the lock could render the lock unusable. By the way, why would someone go in to a unit and just move things? Sounds to me like your tenant usually wears an aluminum hat, too.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Not to be a buzzkill, but this probably is a conversion best not had on a public forum.

Comment

The locksmith we hire to re-key our doors says it's easier for him to pick locks than cut them, but I told him I'd rather cut the lock so the customer can't claim someone tampered with their lock at a later date

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_hajewski View Post
              Not to be a buzzkill, but this probably is a conversion best not had on a public forum.
              I agree. Cut the lock if you have legal reason to do so - do NOT EVER consider picking a lock.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X