Owner surprises!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner surprises!

I was wondering what the owner has done for us managers lately that was a complete surprise to you. The owners I work for know I like to BBQ a lot. Out of the blue they gave me up to $500 to look for and buy myself a patio furniture set for comfort when entertaining my friends. YES, I have enough friends to fill 4 patio chairs! I was able to get a nice aluminum set with Sunbrella seats and backs. I got 4 large comfortable chairs, a lounge for my really lazy times, a 48" table with a glass top and a cover for that table. I didn't get the umbrella because I have a very large vaulted ceiling car port, can see in my pic that shows in all my posts, that we can be under if is too hot or sunny or move table out from under if we want to enjoy the sun. They have also set aside more money, if I decide to do it, for a nice bench if I want that I can set over by where I have a purple rose bush planted with some of my wife's ashes buried under the bush to grow in. Her fav color was purple. I am still thinking about that part. I love this place.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

At my last facility, before the new owner's rep-I was given a ticket to see the Blackhawks play the Ducks in the Stanley cup finals. It was a blast! First hockey game live for me.
    Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

I wonder if my owners read these threads??

My owners are good to me but I have never gotten anything "just because"

A girl can still dream though......

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

The owner(s) here have read over my shoulder before while I was reading a thread or responding. I am an open book. They know it. Kris, I lived in K.C. at one time and was given a ticket, with friends, to go see the St. Louis Blues play the Pa. Flyers. I had no idea what was going on as I had never seen a hockey game. Was just never interested. I gathered one thing while I was there. A lot like a NASCAR race where fans are looking for the next big wreck, the hockey fans were waiting for the next fight or any guy getting knocked on his ass up against the walls. I still don't watch hockey or soccer. Can't get in to it.

Comment

Growing up in South Jersey (8 miles from Phila) my brother was a HUGE ice hockey fan!

I watched the original Broad Street Bullies aka Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup in 1980!

I was a young girl, I could not keep my eyes on the puck. I could have cared less about sports!
          We had to watch the Flyers or any sport, for that matter, our brothers were older!
          And they punched harder!!

But YES back in the day..that was why you watched hockey!
          To see the fights!
          and blood on the ice!!
          Last edited by lady5563; 13th June 2017, 02:39 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
            Growing up in South Jersey (8 miles from Phila) my brother was a HUGE ice hockey fan!

I watched the original Broad Street Bullies aka Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup in 1980!

I was a young girl, I could not keep my eyes on the puck. I could have cared less about sports!
            We had to watch the Flyers or any sport, for that matter, our brothers were older!
            And they punched harder!!

But YES back in the day..that was whay you watched hockey!
            To see the fights!
            and blood on the ice!!
            "Went to see a fight and a hockey game broke out!"
            Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

Even though football players are covered with padding and helmets they still get in fights. Way back when, Lyle Alzado, playing for my beloved Raiders at the time, was so mad at a an offensive lineman of the Jets that during their fight he ripped the guys helmet off and tried to swing it at him and hit him with it and then he threw the helmet at the guy. Best fight I ever saw in a football game. At the time the ref threw a flag for something but there was actually no rule against it. The next year the league instated the penalty that was called the "Alzado Rule". He was on steroids at the time and explained a lot about why he got so mad at times but I will never forget that fight and the new penalty the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

"Went to see a fight and a hockey game broke out!"
                That's FUNNY!!!!

Comment

I have received cash and small gifts to show my appreciation. Nothing extravagant, but they pay me well and treat me with respect and on equal terms. Nothing more I could ask for. But good for you guys.

Comment

PAC this is wonderful! So glad they gave you something to enjoy. I want to see photos!!! You mentioned them, but post some more detailed ones.
                    Stephanie Tharpe
                    Senior VP of Operations
                    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
                    Nashville, TN
                    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Ah, that is very thoughtful! No luck getting a hot tub yet?

Comment

Not a hot tub kind of guy. Steph, I can take some pics with my phone and send to Amy to post here. I have tried and all of it is not user friendly. Every time I use my digital camera and download to my computer and try to post here it always says is too big to download. I will do the phone pics though and send to Amy.

Comment

Send away.
                          Amy Campbell
                          Editor
                          Inside Self-Storage
                          amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I love this thread. It's crucial owners show their employees they care and that they're appreciated. The "thank you" doesn't have to be expensive or over the top, either. Pizza for lunch, a $10 gas card, favorite candy bar.
                            Amy Campbell
                            Editor
                            Inside Self-Storage
                            amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Amy, I will have the set out this weekend when I BBQ and will take/send pics then. This gift was something I didn't expect but like you said, even the smaller gifts mean so much. About every two months the owners son hands me a $50 gift certificate to the Mexican restaurant up the block. The food is fantastic and known all over town, I just happen to be lucky enough to live within walking distance and the owner here owns the building the restaurant is in. Even if I pay out of my own pocket I still get discounts from the Mex restaurant owner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Krypto
                                Reply to Sick of Tenants Who Are Jerks
                                Krypto
                                This is so true Pac, you have got to teach them how you do business the right way, right out of the gate. Otherwise, this WILL happen again.
                                Today, 09:00 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to What is a typical managers schedule?
                                pacnwstorage
                                At last facility I had a relief lady one day a week on Saturday and I had Sat and Sun off. Here I work Tuesday thru Saturday and have 2 days off. I live on site at both places. Had my share of "people bothering me when off but that is the nature of the beast. I love the on site living quarters...
                                Today, 08:45 PM
                              • jodikay1
                                What is a typical managers schedule?
                                jodikay1
                                I'm wondering what a manager schedule looks like. Is it typical for a manager to have two days off in a row? Are they usually on-call and need to be within driving distance all the time? Would this be different if it was an on-site vs off-site manager? I read the salary survey report, but didn't...
                                Today, 08:29 PM
                              Working...
                              X