Sales Counters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Counters

We are building two new buildings and have grown to the point of needing a designated sales office. I'm not real sure about what I need in way of a sales counter. Can anyone provide pictures of their sales counter and tell me what's good about it and what you would change if you could?

Id suggest you visit a few local/ distant facilities and see what the offerings are out there. Everyone set up can be a little different and I think actually visiting will alow you to get a feel for what you think. You yourself are a consumer, so be judgey and it should allow you to design your office based on those feelings.

Comment

Here is a photo of how my office is setup

We have 2 stations for renting units both with touchscreen monitors for esignatures. We used to have a counter in a previous office configuration, where both our employee and the customer had to stand, we prefer a desk much better.

Comment

It sounds like your volume is a lot higher than ours, but we just have a reception window and I sit at a desk behind that. We do maybe 100 interactions a month between payments in office, new rentals and inquiries. We will be starting retail sales in the next month or so, so that might increase our in office numbers. So anything like Randy's would be too much for us. But boy is that nice! Also, depending on your market/area, you may want to have a closed off setting meaning they can't just walk around the desk and get to you. That is one of the reasons we use the reception style window.

Comment

Here are a couple of my sites: nodaselfstorage.com and advantagestoragenc.com. My pics of them are too big to post. You'll see how we have them set up.
          Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

We have a counter set up where I'm seated behind it but stand for renting to a tenant. The last facility had black granite counter-tops (pretty but boy it showed any smudges-constant battle with lysol wipes) 4 really comfy chairs for tenants and we sat on the other side where the computers were. Remember, standing all day does an employee no favors physically. That way lies workers comp.
              Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

Randy - nice office!
                Chuck G.
                Content Developer & Social Media Manager
                Online Storage Auction Services
                iBid4Storage

Comment

Here are a couple pics from one of my offices I just refinished. About $10K so far. Still waiting on new red chairs and waiting for Black Friday to order a new 65" CCTV screen. We still have a few little things but nearly done.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the office I base out of. Getting a full gut job this fall. We are going to do a chip epoxy floor with 2 different greens and a cream chip. The desk is coming complete out, as of now and we will have to modern "standing" desk. The wall behind my desk is turning to frosted glass as my back office/breakroom is being bumped out 4 feet. We will then have 2 65" TV's hanging on the glass 1 for CCTV the other for my viewing enjoyment. The back office is going to have a conference table and my work desk at it. We are also re configuring the back of the "customer" office with water fountain and coffee bar. It's awesome to have owners that are willing to reinvest and keep up with the big boys.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Advantage IT; 21st June 2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

We used to have a sit down desk with laminate counter top (like a kitchen). We didn't like it when we bought the place so last year we remodeled and have a custom reception desk made. The computer monitors are partially hidden under the high counter (which is great for privacy). It is much better and professional in my opinion to have the customer standing at the counter. We hated both sitting at the desk and half the time the customer didn't want to sit so they stood towering above us with no buffer. I once secret shopped a facility just like mine (used to be owned by our former owner) and it was laid out exactly the same as our old office. I didn't feel right as a potential customer standing there asking questions to someone sitting at a computer with just a low desk between us. We are 200+ unit facility with a small office so the new layout works best for us and customers love it. If they need to sit and fill out a lease, we have nice waiting area chairs and a clipboard, but 90% choose to fill it out at the counter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Krypto
                        Reply to Sick of Tenants Who Are Jerks
                        Krypto
                        This is so true Pac, you have got to teach them how you do business the right way, right out of the gate. Otherwise, this WILL happen again.
                        Today, 09:00 PM
                      • pacnwstorage
                        Reply to What is a typical managers schedule?
                        pacnwstorage
                        At last facility I had a relief lady one day a week on Saturday and I had Sat and Sun off. Here I work Tuesday thru Saturday and have 2 days off. I live on site at both places. Had my share of "people bothering me when off but that is the nature of the beast. I love the on site living quarters...
                        Today, 08:45 PM
                      • jodikay1
                        What is a typical managers schedule?
                        jodikay1
                        I'm wondering what a manager schedule looks like. Is it typical for a manager to have two days off in a row? Are they usually on-call and need to be within driving distance all the time? Would this be different if it was an on-site vs off-site manager? I read the salary survey report, but didn't...
                        Today, 08:29 PM
                      Working...
                      X