Open Early?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Early?

Do you ever open early? I think because I was in the service, I have not used an alarm clock since I got out of the service. I go to bed at a reasonable hour on work nights and I always wake up about 2-3 hours before I would get to my "wake no later than this time". I need white noise. I sleep with a fan on and when I do wake early I go to the sofa and go back to sleep with the tv on. I then always wake up with the time needed to get ready to open. I then tend to be 30-45 minutes early in to the office. I would say I open 80% of the time about 15-30 minutes before the set office times. I like fresh air so the doors get propped open and windows opened and I just turn on the OPEN sign. Maybe in a less nicer neighborhood I wouldn't do it but it is such a nice area I just love to see all the trees and I people watch from my windows that surround my office. There is a park close by so there is lots of foot traffic to and from that park and lots of bikes on the road. For instance, it is sunny and 61 degrees right now outside.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Wow, you sound like me... I never use an alarm clock, I just wake up at the same time everyday and I also need white noise. I use a fan now, but used to use an air filter. I get up early enough to hop on the treadmill for 45 mins.. and I also open the doors early sometimes (not while on the treadmill but after I'm ready). I don't have a lot of traffic but I face the Sandia Mountains. I figure, if I'm up and at'em, why not open the doors?

Comment

I always figure that if I am up everyone else has to be up. Don't know if you were in the service but that is what set it for me. If I drink the night before, I still wake up at the same time and then roll over. I don't drink anymore though. I have a window I wake up in and it is just the way it is. "Alarm clock?, I don't need no stinkin' alarm clock!"

Comment

That's exactly how I am. Store "opens" at 9. The whole family leave at 7:30 so I head out then and I am usually here just after 8. Gives me time to do a walkthrough, get the coffee going, merchandise check, check emails etc.

I'm probably crazy for doing so but it works for me.
        Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

Another reason I like to be open early is that if a tenant is dodging me and is dropping off a check, I get to see them and hopefully talk about what they are dodging me about.

Comment

I may open up fifteen minutes early if I get here early, but that usually doesn't matter. Our office is located in rural area so we do not get many visitors or walk-ins. However, if someone says, "Can you meet me at 8 am to do a rental, because I have to be to work at 9." I almost always say no. I have done this a handful of times in the past year and not ONCE has the person showed. I will not open early, and will not stay late to do a rental. Usually, those people don't tend to be the cream of the crop anyways. I just explain, that I am not a live-in manager and have kids, so I cannot make it any earlier than 9. Most people understand, but there are some who are just rude and curse you out. Glad I didn't go out of my way to rent to them anyways!

Comment

That is also why when I call a waiting list future tenant, I give them a time frame and if they don't meet it, they are gone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                Reply to "Double Rent"
                pacnwstorage
                See what I mean, it can never be her fault in this scenario. You have to be an "idiot" to not be a mind reader. Also, if she had wanted the door with the hole in it she would have jumped your ass for checking and said, "I ought to know what I was looking for, I am not an idiot! You don't...
                Yesterday, 06:04 PM
              • letsgosonics
                Reply to "Double Rent"
                letsgosonics
                Same thing, different topic, I had a lady yesterday chew me out because she was buying some doors from me off Facebook, and when she was ready to leave, I messaged her to make sure she was getting a certain door. It had a small hole at the bottom so I wanted to see if that's the one she wanted. Well...
                Yesterday, 05:28 PM
              • pacnwstorage
                Reply to Introduction of Facility Owner in North Carolina
                pacnwstorage
                Benjamin, you're gonna make me blush! When you first posted about that lady paying you said she paid with check. Nothing gets by Lisa T, and that is why she mentioned a bad check. The low paying tenants need to jump to the new street rate as soon as is legal. I had almost the same problem when I took...
                Yesterday, 05:18 PM
              Working...
              X