Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Top 10 comments tenants say.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 comments tenants say.....

List the top ten comments that you hear tenants say, either at move in or after they have been there for awhile. I know I have my favorites!
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

I had a lady ask me if I believed in princesses. I said no never thought about it. She said she is a princess. I said ok see ya. I had to evict her for sleeping in her unit 3 days later.
    Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by jlemke View Post
      I had a lady ask me if I believed in princesses. I said no never thought about it. She said she is a princess. I said ok see ya. I had to evict her for sleeping in her unit 3 days later.
      No other top ten comments?

Comment

OMG there are so many more, let me think about them..
        Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

At move in..."I'll only be here for a month or two". Haha, sure you will.
          Likely homeless person..."wow, so people really try to sleep in units? That's crazy". Gets kicked out a few months later for sleeping in his unit.
          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

C'mon, not just one comment, the top ten. I can list several with little effort.

Comment

1. "So, are you like Storage Wars?" (no)
              2. "I'll be in to pay, I promise" (sure you will)
              3. "I bet you see all kinds of crazy stuff" (not really)
              4. "Can I take you out?" (I'm not kidding)
              5. "I'll only be here a month or two" (haha, ok)
              6. "I could have bought new stuff for what I've paid in rent"
              7. "I didn't know there were late fees"
              8. "I only have a few things to store so I don't need a big unit" (contents of 3 bdrm house)
              9. "It's great that the police station is right there"
              10. Person comments on how crazy it is people try to sleep in units. (gets thrown out for sleeping in unit)
              Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

I have been calling all week to pay and nobody answers the telephone. I do not want to pay a late fee because nobody answers.
                Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

DG, some of my same top ten there. Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Comment

Dave, that is why I never ever take a c/c number over the phone. I point all tenants to the web site to pay. Or get off their collective a$$e$ and come to the office.

Comment

* I never got a text, call, or email invoice and I didn't get the reminder text, call and email on the 5th of the month so I shouldn't pay the late fee.
                      * My ______ ( insert relative, usually mom ) died and I had to go to the funeral. ( each and every month )
                      * My stuff is too valuable to me to ever let go to auction.
                      * I've called over 20 times today ( as I am sitting here posting on SST and right next to the phone that hasn't rung )
                      * What???? My unit only sold for $25.00 ? I paid over $10,000 for that stuff !
                      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post
                        * I never got a text, call, or email invoice and I didn't get the reminder text, call and email on the 5th of the month so I shouldn't pay the late fee.
                        * My ______ ( insert relative, usually mom ) died and I had to go to the funeral. ( each and every month )
                        * My stuff is too valuable to me to ever let go to auction.
                        * I've called over 20 times today ( as I am sitting here posting on SST and right next to the phone that hasn't rung )
                        * What???? My unit only sold for $25.00 ? I paid over $10,000 for that stuff !
                        kathleen, that last one is from them watching too much Storage Wars and thinking all units go for big bucks. LOL! Your first one I cover by telling the tenant that I have email delivery verification to the email that the tenant gave me. "Would you like me to show you"? "Ahhhh, no, that's ok".

Also, if I was a storage tenant I would look out for my relatives because they seem to drop like flies when related to a storage tenant. LOL! "Ahhh, just how many fathers do you have"?

Comment

I'm leaving right now (on grounds after closing)
                          You didn't tell me that
                          I'm not hanging out (sitting in their car on phone unit not open)
                          Other places take cards over the phone why don't you?
                          Your late fees are to high (10.00)
                          Why so many fees (late two months now)
                          Can I get extra time to come into the grounds.
                          Im not changing clothes
                          How many times have you been broken into?
                          Can I plug a refrigerator/ freezer in

These are just a few

Never stop learning. Means we are still alive.

Comment

bratt01, one time I had a tenant tell me I didn't tell her something. I stated that I tell every new tenant the exact same thing while in the golf cart on the way to show them the unit. Her son was with her the day we took the golf cart ride and also at the office the day she said I didn't tell her. The son said while rolling his eyes, "Mom, he did too tell you". Her look that she gave him was a killer. No desert for him that night. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1.You didn't call me to remind me. You know I never check my emails.
                              2. What is that late fee for? (lady, you're late. Again.)
                              3. Can't I pay just the rent, not the late fees? "NO".
                              4. Why did you lock my unit? I was only $10 short.
                              5. How did my bill get to be so much? "Well sir, you didn't pay March, then you had a late fee, April, then you had another late fee....."
                              6. You didn't tell me I have to have a code! What is it? "We tell the tenant on record. If they didn't tell you then I'm sorry."
                              7. Don't auction my stuff, I'll pay you by such and such a date. Date comes and goes. Crickets.
                              8. Why do I keep getting emails that I'm past due? I know I paid. "Sir, you had a rent increase two months ago. You owe me X amount."
                              9. Where can I throw my trash?
                              10. I'm on disability. Can you just not give me a rent increase? "No, I'm sorry. I get the rent increases sent to me and I then I send them out. My hands are tied," I say as I eye her new tattoo, or car, or True Religion jeans.

I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Iamkathleenj
                                Reply to Poo happens
                                Iamkathleenj
                                The next time you see the lady in question you can look her right in the eye and say " It looks like someone used ( insert area location ) as their personal toilet. Since there is a camera pointing right there I will be able to see who did it ( call her bluff ). Do you know who might have done...
                                Today, 06:16 PM
                              • Billings Storage
                                Reply to Hello Group
                                Billings Storage
                                Welcome to the group...
                                Today, 06:07 PM
                              • Jeanette M
                                Reply to Random Man asking to use the restroom?
                                Jeanette M
                                I guess I'm on the "I wouldn't overthink it" side of things. But we have an unmanned gas station next door and see folks in fairly regularly. My only problem...the bathroom is right on the other side of the wall from my computer.....too much I don't want to hear!
                                Today, 04:44 PM
                              Working...
                              X