Paperless Office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paperless Office

We are in the process of building more units at our facility. We are running out of space in our office to file all of the forms for each tenant and are thinking of ways to save space. We have tenants who have gone into the lien process many times and have very thick folders. We are wondering if we can scan the old notices and save them on an external hard drive, and shred the hard copies. Has anyone done this before, or gone completely paperless in your office. Are there any legal implications to doing this? Thank you!

You have to keep all records for 7 years is what I was told. My old company is keeping them for 10, but they have indeed gone paperless, just printing out the move out receipt and ledger on move out, and printing a copy on move in for the tenant if requested (or if they have no email). then scan the DL to the program and everything.

As for larger folders, just add a second (or 3rd) folder for tenant and continue their information.
    Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

We store our old paperwork in boxes in a storage unit....

Comment

Well, yeah. Once they move out we put their files in folders and store them in a unit. But active files we keep in the drawers.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
          Well, yeah. Once they move out we put their files in folders and store them in a unit. But active files we keep in the drawers.
          Could you possibly do paper leases, then just scan into the computer and keep in a file in a storage unit for future reference? Basically no paper in the office, but still have the paper copies stored in a unit in case you needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post

Could you possibly do paper leases, then just scan into the computer and keep in a file in a storage unit for future reference? Basically no paper in the office, but still have the paper copies stored in a unit in case you needed it.
            Good question for your local SSA, but I don't see why not?

Comment

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign...12SNQ&mv=other

We use Adobe Sign in conjunction with StorEdge, both options include online storage of documents so you don't really need to worry about the external hard drive.

Nice thing about adobe sign is for the $120 per year you can use it along with any other software. We have been going through the process of updating all of our rental agreements and it has been invaluable in that process.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                Reply to Background checks?
                pacnwstorage
                Just before close at 6 PM I had a call from a young guy asking if I had ANY units. First red flag there. I asked if he knew what size he needed and when he needed it. He said I need it today! Second red flag! He said he needed an 8x10 or a 10x10. I have a couple open 5x10 units but no 10x10. I did not...
                Yesterday, 09:59 PM
              • Krypto
                Reply to Background checks?
                Krypto
                Background checks, and credit checks, for a person to rent a storage unit, is a slippery slope for sure! I Pac has the best method, which is to say there are no vacancies, until he can tell that the person will not be a PITA. Everyone has a past, some complaints, maybe even some convictions. You cannot...
                Yesterday, 09:27 PM
              • danikahsafestor
                Reply to Dumbest lock stories?
                danikahsafestor
                We've just assumed they have no idea what they are doing. It's hard to keep a straight face sometimes. Or those people who can't get their unit open and they just need to push down with their foot to slide the latch. It's so satisfying to go all the way out there and open it immediately when they've...
                Yesterday, 08:45 PM
              Working...
              X