Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction---First time!

Hi everyone,

My semi-recently purchased facility (and my first one) has 3 units ready for auction. I'm feeling very apprehensive about the whole thing, because I'm not sure of the best route to take! Do you do the auctioning yourself? Do you hire a company? Do you do the online auction listings?

I feel like I'm going to drag my feet on auctioning them for lack of knowing the best way!

We use Storage Treasures online service. Works great!

Comment

Call a neighboring facility and see if they have an auctioneer that they like. OR you can do the online thing. Just make sure your paperwork ducks are in a row.
      I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

I also post on-line.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

The self storage specific online auction sites work really well and they typically have a good handle on the local area or regional laws. That said make sure you have a procedure that complies with your local laws/legislation and that you follow it!

Comment

We had 5 or 6 units auctioned off recently, used auction treasures for the first time. Really pleased with the results, brought way more than we had previously with local auctions & much simpler.

Comment

We used to do them in house. It was hard to get 5 people here. So we tried the online thing and it works better. Had some bad luck with Storage Treasurers, the bidders cards decline, one bidder took what they wanted and left the rest, we had to pay to have it removed. Now we use selfstorageauction.com and they are so much better.
              Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by jlemke View Post
                We used to do them in house. It was hard to get 5 people here. So we tried the online thing and it works better. Had some bad luck with Storage Treasurers, the bidders cards decline, one bidder took what they wanted and left the rest, we had to pay to have it removed. Now we use selfstorageauction.com and they are so much better.
                That is why I collect the $100 cleaning deposit you can add on the Storage Treasures site, and NEVER let the bid winner leave my property without checking the unit first. They don't get that $ back until I make sure the unit is cleared and clean. And I never give them a gate code so they can come and go. I have to let them in and out of my property

Comment

We have used storage treasures, however we have a lot that get canceled last minute and they charged us $20 per cancellation. That is just crazy as it is something we cannot control. We also had an issue with people not being able to enter bids in the last few minutes which lost us substantial $$$. We have switched to bid13 which doesn't charge anything to the storage company.

Comment

Originally posted by badgorillawife View Post

That is why I collect the $100 cleaning deposit you can add on the Storage Treasures site, and NEVER let the bid winner leave my property without checking the unit first. They don't get that $ back until I make sure the unit is cleared and clean. And I never give them a gate code so they can come and go. I have to let them in and out of my property
                    We had a $100.00 cleaning deposit. These are warehouse units with no manager on site. Now the cleaning deposit is $300.00.
                    Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X