City Property Tax Assessment, Property Taxes Fighting City Hall In Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Property Tax Assessment, Property Taxes Fighting City Hall In Canada

We received an assessment and our property taxes have increased over 125%. Any advice fighting property taxes that are exuberenat? Our land assessment is almost 350% over previous assessment. All storage faciities skyrocketed as city stated they were able to access information they've never been able to access in the past; including the sale of 3 properties since 2012. Any tips on fighting city hall? We are in Canada.

Government tax so they can spend more instead of tightening their own belts. Same north of the border I see.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Government tax so they can spend more instead of tightening their own belts. Same north of the border I see.
      I'm not sure what's going on, but i do know it's going to hurt. I suspect there will be facilities that won't survive economically . These increases are huge!

Comment

I bet it has something to do with the value increasing dramatically because of the shortage of units for facilities all over.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Here's an article that might help.
          Amy Campbell
          Editor
          Inside Self-Storage
          amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
            Here's an article that might help.
            Thank you Amy ! We have to appeal as our taxes have gone from 3500.00 per month to 8200.00 ! It's insane and it's happened to all the storage facilities in our city .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X