Certificate of Mailings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate of Mailings

I am having trouble finding information on Bulk prices on Certificate of Mailings.

Instead of certified we can use Certificate of Mailings from the post office to send our lien letters. If you send 1 or 2 the cost is $1.35 and will change to $1.40 on January 21st. If you send 3 or more there has been a discount. We have paid 49 cents for postage and 47 cents for Certificate of Mailing. The individual prices are on USPS but not Bulk prices.

Does anyone know the cost now? and if it is going up January 21st with the postage increase?
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

We use Certificate of mailing also, except on vehicles. The reason is if you sell it at sale you have to give the buyer paper work to take the license branch,and it is required in my state of IN. that the notice that was sent to the old owner be signed. Other wise Certified Mail If they do not sign you have proof.
    Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post
      We use Certificate of mailing also, except on vehicles. The reason is if you sell it at sale you have to give the buyer paper work to take the license branch,and it is required in my state of IN. that the notice that was sent to the old owner be signed. Other wise Certified Mail If they do not sign you have proof.
      Thanks. Do you do more than 3 at a time? What is the cost? I know it is first class postage plus ____ ?

Comment

Late2Lien handles all of ours, so no help there on cost, but I will say it is still much less expensive than Certified Mail.

Can you find out by visiting USPS.com?
        Stephanie Tharpe
        Senior VP of Operations
        A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
        Nashville, TN
        http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
        www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
          Late2Lien handles all of ours, so no help there on cost, but I will say it is still much less expensive than Certified Mail.

Can you find out by visiting USPS.com?

I tried. It only gives the cost of 1 or 2 which is $1.35 per letter. I found this when I asked the Google machine but it is 2 years old and I don't know if it was even accurate at the time. Not many people or USPS people are even familiar with it.

http://www.experts.com/Articles/Cert...-By-Peter-Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post

I tried. It only gives the cost of 1 or 2 which is $1.35 per letter. I found this when I asked the Google machine but it is 2 years old and I don't know if it was even accurate at the time. Not many people or USPS people are even familiar with it.

http://www.experts.com/Articles/Cert...-By-Peter-Wade
            Bummer! I guess you will just have to do it to find out.....when the time comes.
            Stephanie Tharpe
            Senior VP of Operations
            A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
            Nashville, TN
            http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
            www.tnssa.net

Comment

I'll let you in on a secret. The PO never checked our book. We could have put $1.00 per letter and they'd not have noticed-they counted the amount of letters and then stamped the book and took them. I tried to do it right but the postal workers don't really care...lol. We had our own postal machine connected to the internet, and they'd email us any updates.
              I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
                I'll let you in on a secret. The PO never checked our book. We could have put $1.00 per letter and they'd not have noticed-they counted the amount of letters and then stamped the book and took them. I tried to do it right but the postal workers don't really care...lol. We had our own postal machine connected to the internet, and they'd email us any updates.
                That is so funny because it happens to me too. I have to tell them what to do & where to place the stamp. I agree, they don't really care. If I put 25 cents on there they probably wouldn't notice either. Sad, frustrating & funny at the same time.

Comment

We had one clerk that verified that each label in our book matched the letter we were mailing. He was methodical and slow. So we would walk in with ours sorted in the same order as the book.
                  Gina 6k
                  twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                  VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                  storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                  I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                    Reply to Tenants on Autopay
                    pacnwstorage
                    New tenants must sign up on auto pay but can pay a different way if they pay before the auto pay hits.

letsgosonics, my auto pay has the capability to delay the auto pay up to 5 days for tenants that receive a check later than the first. It would normally be on the 1st right at midnight...
                    Yesterday, 09:56 PM
                  • Jeanette M
                    Reply to Employee Discipline
                    Jeanette M
                    My assistant is fantastic and besides reminding ourselves sometimes that we need to work as well as chat, there are no issues there. We get everything done but we have a great time, too.

I have had to let several contractors and/or maintenance people go. It wasn't fun and in each case,...
                    Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                  • Jeanette M
                    Reply to Tenants on Autopay
                    Jeanette M
                    I appreciate those that are on autopay but won't force anyone to sign up. The boss man wants us to go to no cash payments at all but in this area, it just isn't feasible. And we make a lot off of late fees, to boot. As long as they pay, I don't really care how.
                    Yesterday, 09:45 PM
                  Working...
                  X