Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry Website Providers

hello all,
    We're looking at refreshing/redesigning our website. I'm looking for feedback both good and bad about some of the bigger, more popular players in our industry.

I've gotten proposals from:
    automatit, m4s, g5, and tsg.

I'd love to hear feedback and thoughts about any of these different outfits. If I've missed a great company that you use, I'd like to hear about that too.
    I subscribe to the 'buy once, cry once' philosophy so i definitely want to pick a great company from the start.

I appreciate your candid feedback.
    Not sure how the site admins feel about negative feedback so.... If you have 'unflattering' things to say about any of these company's, maybe the message is best sent by pm

thanks!!!!

You might want to show us your link to your existing website. It may be great already. Redesigning may not be helpful if nothing is wrong.

One key thing is how you rank on Google. By seeing your website, I can check to see if your current website has good visibility.

Three key factors in a good website. 1) Does it show up on Google? 2) Am I likely to pick your website from what I see on Google? And 3) After they come to your website, will they read it? Yes, and probably 4) do you clearly offer something that people want that others do not provide?

To see how you rank on several search engines, not just Google, enter your company name and phone number on YEXT.COM. Show that info and I will look at it also to give you feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by lenmay View Post
      You might want to show us your link to your existing website. It may be great already. Redesigning may not be helpful if nothing is wrong.

One key thing is how you rank on Google. By seeing your website, I can check to see if your current website has good visibility.

Three key factors in a good website. 1) Does it show up on Google? 2) Am I likely to pick your website from what I see on Google? And 3) After they come to your website, will they read it? Yes, and probably 4) do you clearly offer something that people want that others do not provide?

To see how you rank on several search engines, not just Google, enter your company name and phone number on YEXT.COM. Show that info and I will look at it also to give you feedback.

LOL. although we LOVE the site, it was coded over 10 yrs ago, and googles algorithms have destroyed us the last few yrs.
      Definitely time for a ground up redesign.

Comment

We've used Automatit for a couple of years. I just PM'd you some feedback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gina6k
          Reply to SST Member Q&A
          Gina6k
          SST username: Gina6k
          Length of time in the industry: Eek! Umm, 25+ years now.
          How did you get into the self-storage business or become involved with the industry?
          Part time weekend...
          Today, 02:09 AM
        • Gina6k
          Reply to On what grounds can we discriminate?
          Gina6k
          I agree with Ron, tell him to check out your favorite colored door people down the street. If you have your rules for rental posted and he doesn't meet those then he can't rent a unit from you, simple. Interesting thought for you; as the owner/operator do you have more latitude than the average facility...
          Today, 01:46 AM
        • Steve_hajewski
          Reply to How are "long term" contracts handled?
          Steve_hajewski
          I would error on the side of being generous with rent refunds in such a situation. It's not worth the hassle and mad people talk. A lot. It seems to me the goal is for them to be gone and teh unit to be rented to someone else. Recouping some rent for time they weren't there is not the core issue.
          Yesterday, 11:07 PM
        Working...
        X