Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Christmas Gifts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Gifts!

October means we're in 4th quarter! If you're ahead of the game you're already thinking of Christmas gifts for either your staff or customers.

Customer Gifts
    For the past 3 years, we've been ordering bulk wall calendars (our logo/info on the bottom of them when they hang). They have been a hit with those who respond back to us. Our owner really likes sending these out but I was wondering if there are any other idea's we could implement this year. We mail these out so if we stuck with it we could easily put in something else into the large envelope ( 12x12 inch).

Or maybe the magnet refrigerator calendars (which fit into smaller envelope=cheaper shipping), but in my mind the wall calendar means more and is more likely to be kept. Any other ideas for Christmas gifts? Does anyone do Facebook gift giveaways?

Staff Gifts
    It seems like company swag is the way to go, last year we did puffy down jackets with our logo embroidered in them, I could always do another warm jacket (we're in Alaska so it wouldn't hurt ) but what are some other employee gift ideas that you have seen great feedback from?

Thank you!!!

I have never seen an employee complain about a Christmas bonus of cash. I wouldn't either. At last facility the owner got everyone a freakin' fruit basket. I got some cash as well but the basket was lame. Been better without it. I know, Bah Humbug, but a fruit basket! C'mon man!
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

COLD HARD CASH is always the best Christmas gift to receive/give in an Employer/Employee, environment.

Comment

STAFF GIFTS: I am currently looking at YETI Koozies for our staff. We have also done fleece jackets, tee shirts, coffee cups and wine glasses, all with our company logo. These are in addition to the cash gift we give each employee. I like giving these gifts at our annual staff party and always order enough for spouses/significant others as well.
        Stephanie Tharpe
        Senior VP of Operations
        A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
        Nashville, TN
        http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
        www.tnssa.net

Comment

Sorry if this offends anyone. I don't understand how anyone would think that getting anything with the company logo on it, at Christmas time, as a Christmas gift from the company they work for, would be a good idea. I may be way out there with this but I just don't understand how that is a "feel good" thing. That would be like me getting my wife something at Christmas and making sure my name is on that gift. I always thought gifts were either from the heart or as a reward for doing a good/great job or "just because".

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
            Sorry if this offends anyone. I don't understand how anyone would think that getting anything with the company logo on it, at Christmas time, as a Christmas gift from the company they work for, would be a good idea. I may be way out there with this but I just don't understand how that is a "feel good" thing. That would be like me getting my wife something at Christmas and making sure my name is on that gift. I always thought gifts were either from the heart or as a reward for doing a good/great job or "just because".
            My employees are very happy and proud to work for our company. They love it. As I said, it goes along with their cash bonus. So although you may disagree and think it's a terrible idea, in my experience it is not. In fact, I have actually had employees MAKE gifts for everyone with our logo.

So, there you go.
            Stephanie Tharpe
            Senior VP of Operations
            Nashville, TN

TNSSA Board of Directors
            www.tnssa.net

Comment

Yep, there I go. As I said, it was an opinion. Not necessarily one that ANYONE agrees with but still, my opinion. Please remember MCG, it was never meant as a personal dig at your post. It was in response to any others that had already talked about company logo gifts as well. Personal beefs will always be done in the message center. Ok???

Comment

Let's just all remember that a company is not required to do anything for a Christmas gift. I encourage and appreciate those who are trying and those who do. I believe this forum should serve as a support for all members. Sometimes our opinions can hurt other people's feelings.

No personal dig taken, simply trying to keep it positive for the original poster who simply asked for ideas, not negative comments.

As a Moderator on this forum, that is part of my responsibility.
                Stephanie Tharpe
                Senior VP of Operations
                Nashville, TN

TNSSA Board of Directors
                www.tnssa.net

Comment

Okey doke.

Comment

I don't mind company swag as long as it's useful. we were given windbreakers not long ago, like the thinnest possible "jacket" imaginable, plus they didn't it everyone. Not useful. I've been asking for a good sweatshirt or warm jacket for a while, because it's Oregon. It's often chilly and just from a branding aspect it's good to have logos on the outermost layer. I'd be fine with something like a nicer office chair too. Something that makes work more tolerable.
                    Give them an inch, they'll take a mile!

Comment

danika, just got a new office chair about 3 months ago and the owner had me pick it out. That is one piece of furniture we managers spend a lot of time in and to not make sure that the facility manager has a decent chair to do business in is just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                        I am with you here Pac. Anything that has the company logo on it, I would hate! I would not ever tell ANYONE that I hate it though. I would ACT as if I love it.

Comment

My point was just that a Christmas gift should be a personal feeling and company logos just don't give me that vibe. Now, a new Tahoe with the company colors and magnetic signs to display the whole time I am driving it, I could get behind that. The owner here also has a son who is a contractor and builds houses and businesses. They have a new $1000 Whirlpool all electric range that will not fit in a house and is too late to send back so they want me to sell it on CL and will give me $50 just to post it and sell it. I said they don't have to do that. They said, "we know we don't have to but we want to". They are the best. Just this last summer bought me $500 worth of patio furniture because they know I like to BBQ. Like I told them about 6 months in to working here, "The only way you get me out of here is feet first".

Comment

I have a water jug from another company with a company logo, awesome. While I respect those who don't like the logo idea, it really depends on the company you work for and how invested you are in them and they in you. The company I work for is like family to me. I'd wear their logo ANYWHERE! I also like cash bonuses.
                            Chuck G.
                            Content Developer & Social Media Manager
                            Online Storage Auction Services
                            iBid4Storage

Comment

Personally I like cash but gift cards to meals for some decent local dining I can take my family to are also welcome (though that can be hit or miss based on people's tastes).

Sometimes the gift has been the boss taking us and our spouses out to dinner at a country club he has membership in, which we enjoyed since we all get along.

9Just noticed that two of the three I mentioned are food related - which might explain why I have trouble with my weight! )

I've personally also gotten a few special items from etsy and other places online that offer unique items by artists -so wall calendars etc but with original art. There is a ton of very creative stuff out there you might consider for special customers or employees if you know they are fan of specific themed stuff -scifi, fantasy, poetry, literature, video games whatever.

Nobody seems to read anymore so books as gifts are in decline - though I still subject my nieces and nephews to them.

Burt Abreu

All From 1 Supply
                              Building & Maintenance
                              Products for Self Storage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X