Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Direct Mail - Have you done it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have done this recently at 2 of our 5 properties. What I have found is that we get about 0.1%-0.2% brought in and used.
    That's a horribly low number. That being said. We know our stats and we only needed to keep folks for 4 months at 1 site and 5 at the other to break even with those LOW numbers. WE have done that. WE will make a roughly 100% return based on averages. I'm fine with that. Moreover, I look at it as marketing as well. If you continue to do it every quarter and continue to get that return you will inevitably end up with people that have seen your flyer and came in without using it.

I hate aggregators like spare foot, but price per lease/acquisition cost is actually lower with them. The draw back of coarse is that it competes with your website. It depends on what your strategy is.

Good Luck!
    Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

It has been my experience that people rent when they NEED to store something .... not when it is offered to them .... even at a discounted rate.
      We never had success with direct mail.

Comment

Both good points from AdvantageIT and tarheelguy.

Direct mail, for the most part, has extremely low ROI. However, if that ROI is good enough to break even or make a profit...then do it, that's the point!

I'd also agree with tarheelguy. But...if people only "shop" for self storage when they need it...what are you doing to be visible to ensure they think of you when they need it / find you when they need it (and not your competitor).

There's "advertising", and there's "marketing". The difficult part is determining the ROI on both and doing what works / stop doing what doesn't work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
          Reply to Live PD Party
          pacnwstorage
          So, "Who knew gophers were tee toddlers?" LMFAO! At least it wasn't a pinky swear.
          Today, 09:39 PM
        • newstorageguy
          Reply to Hello Group
          newstorageguy
          lol... well, very inexperienced will be me. And if they are sleeping in the unit in January they will be frozen quickly in our area...... I know i will be relying on all of our expertise at that time. Bring on January 2. thanks,...
          Yesterday, 11:41 PM
        • pacnwstorage
          Reply to Hello Group
          pacnwstorage
          Well then, come January, when the first excuse for non payment or you catch a sleeper in a unit or have to deal with figuring out if you should rent to a person or just overlook the joint behind their ear and the beer can in their hand, you will be "experienced" and have to learn how to swim...
          Yesterday, 11:22 PM
        Working...
        X