El Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Radio

Sorry for post after post here in the Marketing section of the forum. Just wanted to share a radio commercial we just started here in our area. I'm trying to do some unconventional marketing (unconventional for our industry anyway). I will let you guys know what kind of response we get from it and if it was worth the investment. Also this is obviously targeted at the Spanish community - a major portion of our demographic.

Good luck. I don't know what it said except I heard Cardinal Storage a few times. You probably said before but I am guessing you are in AZ. because of the Cardinal reference.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Hey Pac! We're actually in a suburb of Cincinnati. Louisville Cards . No new amigos here yet but were only 24 hours in!

Comment

Oh, ok. That's what I get for assuming. Around here you can't look anywhere without seeing something "Duck" related.

Comment

Always been interested in local radio advertising. How much does it cost in your area and how have your tracking numbers worked out? I figure it's a bit tougher to track performance from radio because there are no coupons, no website clicks, and it's tough to write down a phone number when you're in the car.. which means someone may become familiar with your brand, but you don't know how they found you. Asking at the time of move in?

Comment

I have asked many tenants how they happened to find us and gave these options: Referral, radio, web site, google search, prior tenant, drive by.....etc. I find that most of them can't remember, duh, and a lot of them don't want to be bothered with the question. I used to ask why someone was moving out and stopped when I got the answer one time of, "It's none of your business". Stress much? Was one of my always late tenants anyway.

Comment

Scott - I have a friend that works at this station so I got a good deal. It was $1400 for a month. They did 5 facebook mentions as well. I didn't get a single customer from this so it was quite easy to track the performance. Hopefully it helps people know were here and they remember us when they're ready to move. I'm going to keep trying new things!

Comment

Nothing ventured nothing gained- who knows - it could have been a hit Congrats on trying something new.

Comment

Originally posted by dnolting View Post
                  sorry for post after post here in the marketing section of the forum. Just wanted to share a radio commercial we just started here in our area. I'm trying to do some unconventional marketing (unconventional for our industry anyway). I will let you guys know what kind of response we get from it and if it was worth the investment. Also this is obviously targeted at the spanish community - a major portion of our demographic.
                  wow
                  Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

If you're trying to tap into the non-English speaking market, do you then have someone on staff at all times who speaks fluent Spanish? Do you have leases written in Spanish?
                    You can tell a lot about a tenant from his padlock.

Comment

zsolt_sz excellent question! Does anyone else have a Spanish-speaking person during office hours and/or a lease in Spanish?
                      Amy Campbell
                      Editor
                      Inside Self-Storage
                      amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Yes I am fluent in Spanish. I’m also working on Klingon as well. I have two Hispanic tenants thus far. They’re both bilingual but we usually converse in Spanish. The lease agreement is in English. No issues yet.

tlhIngan Hol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                          Reply to Tenants on Autopay
                          pacnwstorage
                          New tenants must sign up on auto pay but can pay a different way if they pay before the auto pay hits.

letsgosonics, my auto pay has the capability to delay the auto pay up to 5 days for tenants that receive a check later than the first. It would normally be on the 1st right at midnight...
                          Yesterday, 09:56 PM
                        • Jeanette M
                          Reply to Employee Discipline
                          Jeanette M
                          My assistant is fantastic and besides reminding ourselves sometimes that we need to work as well as chat, there are no issues there. We get everything done but we have a great time, too.

I have had to let several contractors and/or maintenance people go. It wasn't fun and in each case,...
                          Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                        • Jeanette M
                          Reply to Tenants on Autopay
                          Jeanette M
                          I appreciate those that are on autopay but won't force anyone to sign up. The boss man wants us to go to no cash payments at all but in this area, it just isn't feasible. And we make a lot off of late fees, to boot. As long as they pay, I don't really care how.
                          Yesterday, 09:45 PM
                        Working...
                        X