No announcement yet.

U-Haul does anyone use their services?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-Haul does anyone use their services?

looking a developing an existing building into climate controlled, and they are encouraging me....maybe to hard?
    just wanting to see if anyone else has experience with them
    Mike

Wait for it. There are lots of people here with experience with U-Haul. Both good and bad.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Lol, Pac.
      Okay, I've been in storage for awhile, but only have dealt with Uhaul for 6 weeks. I hate it. it's program is not intuitive at all, and I talked to another dealer around the corner from me and he hates it as well. However, I like my Uhaul rep, he'll answer any questions and can fix my mistakes remotely. But I know there are others that really like it.....so, it's just my opinion.
      Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

I use them at my facility. Have no issues. Makes us good money and some rentals also.

Comment

See, 50-50 so far. Keep a tally.

Comment

My facility had been a Uhaul dealer for 25 years. We did away with it a year ago.

It required more manpower, and was (approx) 80% of our workload, and 10% of our income when we weren't losing money on that.

Some facilities can do well doing Uhaul. Especially if they are the only dealer for...oh, about 400 miles.
            “Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” The Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
              Lol, Pac.
              Okay, I've been in storage for awhile, but only have dealt with Uhaul for 6 weeks. I hate it. it's program is not intuitive at all, and I talked to another dealer around the corner from me and he hates it as well. However, I like my Uhaul rep, he'll answer any questions and can fix my mistakes remotely. But I know there are others that really like it.....so, it's just my opinion.
              I don't mean to get off topic, but "Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???" is an amazing signature. You should totally have a TM at the end of that lol.

Jarrod V.
              Vice President of Marketing & Technology
              N&N Moving Supplies | Atlanta | Nashville
              MovingSuppliesUSA.com

Comment

I have U Haul at my location
                It has it's good and bad things but doesn't everything these days

I suppose U haul can work for you if you work for it!

So for me, it would be a personal choice if you decide to go with being a U Haul rep

But first look and see how many other independent dealers are in a 5 mile radius
                AND
                Look and see how many stand alone U Haul dealers there are.

In my town I am the only U Haul dealer
                However, 5 miles away in the next town is a U Haul stand alone (UHC) U Haul Center
                and traffic (internal U Haul) will always try to rent equipment there FIRST!!!

It is starting to get on my nerves, as people want to pick up with me and traffic assigns them down the street.
                Also, this week I am experiencing a very high number of trailer inventory!
                and at the moment, there is NO room anywhere for these trailers to be parked and they are not as common a rental as the trucks themselves
                Sometimes trailers can sit for MONTHS before getting rented!!
                www.columbiastoragegroup.com

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.
                http://www.selfstoragetalk.com/core/...ilies/wink.png

Comment

I think this is going to lean against U-Haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Manager_1986 View Post
                    My facility had been a Uhaul dealer for 25 years. We did away with it a year ago.

It required more manpower, and was (approx) 80% of our workload, and 10% of our income when we weren't losing money on that.

Some facilities can do well doing Uhaul. Especially if they are the only dealer for...oh, about 400 miles.
                    We lasted 4 years, but agree 100% that it's 80% work for little income. They have changed how they do business the past year in my area, so bad that we couldn't rent local trucks here (accorging to traffic), but many one-ways that requested us for pickup were sent to the center in the next city over because they were top dollar rentals. Once we quit, nothing from our MCP, no thank you, no I'm sorry, no is there anything we can change? Pretty much sums up how they fell about their dealers.

Comment

Results going downhill fast, as I knew they would.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X