New to this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this site

I am a manager of a 224 mini storage in Canada BC. Love reading what other managers are up against in this day to day business. Its seems we all have some of the same problems. I have learnt to always get the clients credit card even though they choose to pay cash or debit. Sign contracts in the office with their driver licence and car licence on the contract. ( not that that always works when trying to get payment if not paying by credit card).
    We have onsite resident which is better sometimes than security cameras ( we have none). Our hours of operation are 8am-6pm. Gates are locked after those hours.

Welcome to the forum Diana.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Welcome Diana, we're happy to have you join in.
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Welcome aboard. So much info available here.
        Joe Krezdorn
        DAK Self Storage
        Leesport, PA 19533
        www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Hi Diana, welcome to the forums!
          Kevin Kerr
          Self Storage Software by Storage Commander
          Kevin@storagecommander.com
          Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dave Scott
            Reply to Online Rentals - Amazing Results !
            Dave Scott
            We just started last month renting on line and it is working good so far. We have Kiosks and there is not a lot of difference But you know nothing is perfect. I guess you could call it the future.
            Yesterday, 05:36 PM
          • evansr
            Reply to Post date move in
            evansr
            We use storEDGE and have been asking for the feature since 2014 when we switched from sitelink stand alone. We were told that they would be adding the feature soon, and that has yet to ever happen. We offer RV Storage, and so say if a customer comes in on the 15th but won't need it until the 1st, we...
            Yesterday, 05:13 PM
          • Bighank
            Reply to The Lost Art of Customer Service - Have we forgotten?
            Bighank
            My wife and I ran a property down in Dallas. We were right down town in a very bad part of Dallas. Lots of transients and drugs were rampant. The reason I mention all of that is it did not make a difference to us. When we left one my homeless people that I had to bicker with fairly often came up...
            Yesterday, 03:11 PM
          Working...
          X