Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From North of the South, and South of the North

Hi...

I'm up in Northern Maine, and very new to the business. Our owner has been in storage for a few years. Let me rephrase: The owner has been in the storage business for a few years. He hired me this winter to take care of the storage part of his business.

I ended up here when looking for tips and tricks on dealing with ice. I more stumbled across this site than anything, but I'm interested in talking to others and gleaning some bits of wisdom.

And, yes, I am AmeriCanadian. I have dual citizenship. I currently live 25 minutes from the New Brunswick border.
    "In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.
    In practice, there is little correlation between theory and practice."
    - Saw this on the Internet, never forgot it.

Welcome to the forum!! Also, what hockey team do you root for?
    I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Thank you. I root for the Canadian teams at the Olympics. (Dismal year this year, hurt to the core.) I grew up watching the Canadians, because I grew up in Montreal. I haven't watched hockey aside from an occasional playoff game in years. And your team?

Comment

Well, the Vegas Golden Knights are my team this year (I'm a California girl but lived in Vegas when I was small) -but I'm also a diehard Pens fan. There's a Predators fan on here somewhere (lol) . Yeah, I was bummed when Bettman kept the NHL guys out of the Olympics, but the college kids did pretty well I thought.

Comment

Hey John!

Welcome to the forum!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Welcome welcome welcome and for the record, of course I am a Nashville Predators Fan!!
              Stephanie Tharpe
              Senior VP of Operations
              A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
              Nashville, TN
              http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
              www.tnssa.net

Comment

Welcome! There are a lot of good people here that are willing to help out. How has it been so far taking over the storage part of the business?

Comment

Thank you all for the welcomes. I'm glad to have found this. As you can tell already, I check in occasionally, but not necessarily often. tpuffer, it's been a good move for me to start in to this business. I'm managing for a really great employer. His tenants generally love him, and he's very good to them. If anything, I have a ways to go in learning how far he is willing to extend himself for his customers. It's a very refreshing change from some of my previous job situations. I've already told him that the fact that he isn't constantly over my shoulder watching my every move and evaluating me is surprisingly throwing me off guard. I'm so used to having my hands tied that even when the binding isn't there, I struggle with being able to just go ahead and do as I need to do.

Oh, yeah, that's the other thing. I sometimes put a lot out there. Someone feel free to let me know if I over-share.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                    Welcome welcome welcome and for the record, of course I am a Nashville Predators Fan!!
                    That's okay. We still like you! (too bad we don't have a catfish emoji..lol)

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

That's okay. We still like you! (too bad we don't have a catfish emoji..lol)
                      Game 1 TONIGHT! Nashville is going crazy! I found a catfish for you KrisinNC LOL!
                      Stephanie Tharpe
                      Senior VP of Operations
                      A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
                      Nashville, TN
                      http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                      www.tnssa.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• razorback
                        Reply to Disposal of returned lien sale property
                        razorback
                        Thank you for all the advice. This is the first time in over 10 years that a buyer actually brought stuff to me! I called the man and told him that I would hold his stuff for 2 weeks. He did come to get it. Afterward the buyer brought me a box full of personal papers. I just shredded them and went...
                        Today, 12:29 PM
                      • razorback
                        Reply to I think I have a sneaky tenant
                        razorback
                        I had this problem back in November. Trust your gut on something like this and take time to look back at your security footage. My sleeper turned out to be hiding from his parole officer in his unit. Guess him and his wife didn't think that I would notice her dropping him off in the evening and picking...
                        Today, 12:22 PM
                      • Advantage IT
                        NCSSA May Seminar 2018 Cornelius
                        Advantage IT
                        Anyone going to the NCSSA Event at the Penisula Club in Cornelius in May?

Cindy Ashby and I are doing a Managers Seminar "Back to the Basics"

We also have Megan Smith, a well known Self Storage CPA, is coming in from LA to do the owners line on Hot Topics as related...
                        Today, 11:07 AM
                      Working...
                      X