Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Industry Associations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry Associations

Are you a member of an industry association? If you are, why did you choose to be a member? If not, why not?
    Yes, I'm a member of the national Self Storage Association
    33.33%
    Yes, I'm a member of my state's storage association
    33.33%
    No, I'm not a member
    25.00%
    Yes, I'm a member of the national SSA and my state's storage association
    8.33%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Amy, when my state association has a local office I will be a member. Dealing with an association all the way over on the east coast is hard to deal with. I have tried exactly 4 calls to them about questions I have and received one call back and one email. There is an annual meeting that takes place in Salem, Oregon and when I expressed interest in it and the dates/times I received an email whose main concern was getting money from me. Every bit of info provided in the email was predicated with fees attached for joining the state association and fees for the annual meeting. I just try to help fellow managers in my area and even a few in other cities as they PM me for statutes info and my take on them.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I used to be a member of the SSA, and there used to be an Iowa Self Storage Association of which I was a member as well. I have since let my memberships with SSA lapse. As I found the ISS tradeshows to be better, and I just wasn't getting any benefit out of being an SSA member.

I am currently in the process of trying to bring back the Iowa SSA, but I am finding I don't have all the needed time to get it organized.

Comment

YES YES AND YES!! I belong to SSA as a Direct Member and I also belong and am on the Board of Directors for the Tennessee SSA. The shows, education, networking and relationship with vendors is extremely important. I love meeting new vendors and researching the latest technology and trends in our industry.
        Stephanie Tharpe
        Senior VP of Operations
        A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
        Nashville, TN
        http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
        www.tnssa.net

Comment

I joined the Florida SSA to learn more about the industry, as I want to own a SSF someday... preferably a whole chain of them!
          https://www.floridassa.org/

>>>>> As a long-time lecturer/trainer, this survey really doesn't give valid results. How does a person answer if they are a member of both national AND state associations? A radio button only offers one selection per question, where as checkboxes let you choose more than one answer per question.

If the preference is for radio buttons, please reframe the question with four answers: national only, state only, national and state, neither.
          And leave it open for more than just one day.
          "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal." -Matthew 6:20

Comment

I've added another choice, per Roger's suggestion. The poll is open indefinitely. I believe the system only allows you to vote once.
            Amy Campbell
            Editor
            Inside Self-Storage
            amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X