Do You Take Partial Payments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Take Partial Payments?

Related to this thread. Do you take partial payments from tenants who are behind on the rent?
    Yes
    36.36%
    No
    63.64%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Now I ask if I want to? No, so I'm weaning my tenants off of this destructive practice.
    Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

We will take a partial payment if you are only one month behind. A lot of people take advantage of this and never make it to the lien process. Of course if they are in lien (More than 2 months behind) we do not take partial payments. Also, if they continue to pay late every month, we will institute rental rate increases every 4-6 months, citing frequent delinquency as the reason. This cuts down on that and most of the time, gets them to pay up and move-out.

Comment

What do you do if a delinquent tenant puts a partial payment/money order thru your payment slot on the day you're closed?

Comment

Originally posted by JCameron View Post
          What do you do if a delinquent tenant puts a partial payment/money order thru your payment slot on the day you're closed?
          If it's a personal check, return it to the tenant saying you don't accept checks when they're delinquent. If it's a money order, well, that's money in hand so I'd take it, but print out a reminder that even with a partial payment it doesn't stop the auction process. Call them as well so they absolutely understand.
          Why are I-phone chargers not called 'apple juice'???

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

If it's a personal check, return it to the tenant saying you don't accept checks when they're delinquent. If it's a money order, well, that's money in hand so I'd take it, but print out a reminder that even with a partial payment it doesn't stop the auction process. Call them as well so they absolutely understand.
            Yes, that's what I do with money orders.. money in hand is right..

Comment

Not anymore I don't. I'm not taking partial payments unless it's a unit on the auction list and we've arranged a move-out settlement. Which rarely happens. Other than that no.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Krypto
                Reply to Sick of Tenants Who Are Jerks
                Krypto
                This is so true Pac, you have got to teach them how you do business the right way, right out of the gate. Otherwise, this WILL happen again.
                Today, 09:00 PM
              • pacnwstorage
                Reply to What is a typical managers schedule?
                pacnwstorage
                At last facility I had a relief lady one day a week on Saturday and I had Sat and Sun off. Here I work Tuesday thru Saturday and have 2 days off. I live on site at both places. Had my share of "people bothering me when off but that is the nature of the beast. I love the on site living quarters...
                Today, 08:45 PM
              • jodikay1
                What is a typical managers schedule?
                jodikay1
                I'm wondering what a manager schedule looks like. Is it typical for a manager to have two days off in a row? Are they usually on-call and need to be within driving distance all the time? Would this be different if it was an on-site vs off-site manager? I read the salary survey report, but didn't...
                Today, 08:29 PM
              Working...
              X