Husband and Wife Managers, Scheduling and Salaries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband and Wife Managers, Scheduling and Salaries

I'm curious how this works ? Do the couples get paid one salary , as if they are one person ? How do you schedule the working days ?
    Any information would be helpful. TIA

In my experience each person is paid. The scheduling days depend on the duties I suppose. As part of a team when I was one, my then SO primarily did maintenance. How my employers have worked it is one person is part time and the other is full time.

It all depends on site needs and how big it is.

Comment

My husband and I each get an hourly salary. He does the outside / maintenance and works a 40 hour week. Our property is 503 units.
      I work in the office, work almost 40 hours and have a part time person that works on my 2 days off.
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Couples should NEVER get paid one salary. My hubby and I were resident managers for 4 years in a situation like that. There is no "part time" because in reality the person working part time, actually works all week while their spouse is working. It's true.

Anyway, we got away from that and we are very lucky to still work together, but he is now a Commercial GC and works on the construction side of things.

My advice is to go into a negotiation as two different employees with two different employee contracts. If an owner is unwilling to do that, find another place to apply.
        Stephanie Tharpe
        Senior VP of Operations
        A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
        Nashville, TN
        http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
        www.tnssa.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X