On-site Manager vs Remote Manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-site Manager vs Remote Manager

What do you all prefer? I am opening a new facility and have never been in this industry before. Just looking for some veteran opinions on what is best for your facility. Do you prefer having an on-site manager or employee or would you use a remote manager or call service?

Thanks

Lots of recommendations that will go both ways here. I know that tenants will want to talk to an on site manager if they have problems. Waiting on a call or an email is no fun when you are a tenant and have a problem. If it is going to be 400 units, like you said elsewhere, you should have an on site manager, even if it is a turn key manager.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Here, having an on-site manager has saved a lot of property damage, and the overall reputation of the business. That being said, you must have good staff, Be picky.

Comment

A perfect example of great to have an on-site manager. A truck backed into our keypad! He then proceeded to speed away. I caught it, grabbed info off of the truck, and had a new keypad installed within 48 hours at the driver's expense. It would have been really frustrating to pinpoint that damage even with camera's. This business is all about oversight. A properly run property will deter crime and hassle. and save the owner and customers a great deal of time, and frustration.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dave Scott
          Reply to Online Rentals - Amazing Results !
          Dave Scott
          We just started last month renting on line and it is working good so far. We have Kiosks and there is not a lot of difference But you know nothing is perfect. I guess you could call it the future.
          Yesterday, 05:36 PM
        • evansr
          Reply to Post date move in
          evansr
          We use storEDGE and have been asking for the feature since 2014 when we switched from sitelink stand alone. We were told that they would be adding the feature soon, and that has yet to ever happen. We offer RV Storage, and so say if a customer comes in on the 15th but won't need it until the 1st, we...
          Yesterday, 05:13 PM
        • Bighank
          Reply to The Lost Art of Customer Service - Have we forgotten?
          Bighank
          My wife and I ran a property down in Dallas. We were right down town in a very bad part of Dallas. Lots of transients and drugs were rampant. The reason I mention all of that is it did not make a difference to us. When we left one my homeless people that I had to bicker with fairly often came up...
          Yesterday, 03:11 PM
        Working...
        X