Be a Better Employee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be a Better Employee

Came across this helpful article. What would you add?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Since I am by myself, except for when the maint man is here, I am constantly working against my last year's numbers. Every single morning I review the overnight close that will compare current to last year(s) at a glance. I have goals I set for myself on a daily basis. Zero vacancies-done it. Zero receivables-done it. Higher numbers than last year-done it. New systems explored-done it.

Last but not least, realize that I get older every day and cannot do some things that I used to be physically able to do and therefore realize my limitations-accept this hourly.

Checking this forum every day is a big plus that I did not see in the article. Members here are lucky for the help.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Such a great article!!! And I am shocked to see that I do "most" of them. I would add: interact on a personal level with your customers. Be friendly, humble, helpful. My tenants adore me, and I them. It's because I go out of my way to get to know them, remember them, and interact every time whether on the phone or in person. People like to be treated like people. Just sayin.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dave Scott
        Reply to Online Rentals - Amazing Results !
        Dave Scott
        We just started last month renting on line and it is working good so far. We have Kiosks and there is not a lot of difference But you know nothing is perfect. I guess you could call it the future.
        Yesterday, 05:36 PM
      • evansr
        Reply to Post date move in
        evansr
        We use storEDGE and have been asking for the feature since 2014 when we switched from sitelink stand alone. We were told that they would be adding the feature soon, and that has yet to ever happen. We offer RV Storage, and so say if a customer comes in on the 15th but won't need it until the 1st, we...
        Yesterday, 05:13 PM
      • Bighank
        Reply to The Lost Art of Customer Service - Have we forgotten?
        Bighank
        My wife and I ran a property down in Dallas. We were right down town in a very bad part of Dallas. Lots of transients and drugs were rampant. The reason I mention all of that is it did not make a difference to us. When we left one my homeless people that I had to bicker with fairly often came up...
        Yesterday, 03:11 PM
      Working...
      X