Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Random Man asking to use the restroom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting read! I did do a few quick googles to find some pages saying even police recommend using wasp spray instead of pepper spray. But then I also found pages like this;
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, I for one "intend to control a household/facility pest" if I was to shoot it.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by danikahsafestor View Post

We have the 40' range bear pepper spray on our golf cart. After chasing after a hobo at the back of the property...I splurged.
        Ohhh I need some of that. How big is the can?

Comment

The last time I saw a group get excited about the latest and greatest protection device they could shoot was when myself and three friends were eating my BBQ and we started talking about my latest firearm purchase. Priceless!!!!

Comment

I totally get what you're feeling. I would go with @pacnwstorage's policy for not letting non-renters use the bathroom if you're really worried about this guy being up to no good. I mean, I really wouldn't feel ok knowing that there's some total stranger just coming into the toilet but if the person looks particularly desperate to go.... That said, I wonder how the gas station clerks do it. I mean half of the people that come through their doors are from out of state and could be all sorts of villainous people.

Comment

I totally get what you're feeling. I would go with @pacnwstorage's policy for not letting non-renters use the bathroom if you're really worried about this guy being up to no good. I mean, I really wouldn't feel ok knowing that there's some total stranger just coming into the toilet but if the person looks particularly desperate to go.... That said, I wonder how the gas station clerks do it. I mean half of the people that come through their doors are from out of state and could be all sorts of villainous people.

Comment

The gas station people are set up to deal with a myriad of out of towners and their public toilets are industrial strength. There is also typically other "witnesses" around during normal business hours, where the storage facility may go hours with no foot traffic. Gas stations are set up to not only dispense gas but also all kinds of food and drink and aspirin and you name it but at the storage facility it is that, a storage facility. You can have people off the street walk in to a fabricating shop and ask for a public toilet but those are not there. I don't have a public toilet, it is for my tenants. Gas stations are not renting out space. Almost all my foot traffic that goes by my office has to go right past the gas station to get to here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                  Reply to Live PD Party
                  pacnwstorage
                  So, "Who knew gophers were tee toddlers?" LMFAO! At least it wasn't a pinky swear.
                  Today, 09:39 PM
                • newstorageguy
                  Reply to Hello Group
                  newstorageguy
                  lol... well, very inexperienced will be me. And if they are sleeping in the unit in January they will be frozen quickly in our area...... I know i will be relying on all of our expertise at that time. Bring on January 2. thanks,...
                  Yesterday, 11:41 PM
                • pacnwstorage
                  Reply to Hello Group
                  pacnwstorage
                  Well then, come January, when the first excuse for non payment or you catch a sleeper in a unit or have to deal with figuring out if you should rent to a person or just overlook the joint behind their ear and the beer can in their hand, you will be "experienced" and have to learn how to swim...
                  Yesterday, 11:22 PM
                Working...
                X