No announcement yet.

Sick of Tenants Who Are Jerks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, NO! they gotta pay before I let them past me. They try to negotiate and I say no again. I just tell them that an auction for the unit is in the future. Again, the eyes narrow. I have also asked them, "At any time have I said that I would accept less than the owed amount? Have I ever done anything different than what I said I would do when you moved in or what is said in the lease?" Ahhh, No. "Well then, we are here and what do you want to do?"
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Just had someone come into the office demanding not to be contacted if they're delinquent. This person is the spouse of a tenant that is habitually late and complains about having to pay late fees. I told her that since her husband is the tenant, he will need to contact me himself. He'll need to provide me a notarized statement along with a copy of his ID...that states he doesn't want to be contacted via phone or email about delinquencies. However, the late notices have to be sent via mail and that's per WA state late. It's not his choice whether he wants to receive those or not. I told her once he gets them, it's his prerogative to do what he wants with them. Shred them, burn them, or make origami with them, but they have to be sent. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I'm not entertaining folks who have this attitude that someone died and left them master and commander of the universe. That's the benediction.

Comment

Bella, you are in full contact mode since you have been back. Good for you. I see you came back after stopping the other opportunity. Did you want to come back to that facility? Did they contact you and ask for you to come back? Have you looked for another facility in the area? I am nosey!

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          Bella, you are in full contact mode since you have been back. Good for you. I see you came back after stopping the other opportunity. Did you want to come back to that facility? Did they contact you and ask for you to come back? Have you looked for another facility in the area? I am nosey!
          Yes I wanted to come back. The bosses contacted me in regards to returning because my replacement was looking for a state job. When he got it, I came back. The only other facilities that I looked at in the area was U-Haul and Public Storage. But I definitely prefer and like where I'm at.

Comment

Bella, it just seems you go thru so much there. I thought you left before because of the stress and now back. I didn't want to see it get to you. I think you get wiser every day that passes. Plus, I like your stories. I laugh so much sometimes when you use the phrase "Okey doke". LOL!

Comment

Bella, it just seems you go thru so much there. I thought you left before because of the stress and now back. I didn't want to see it get to you. I think you get wiser every day that passes. Plus, I like your stories. I laugh so much sometimes when you use the phrase "Okey doke". LOL!
              I have to admit that the life lessons I'm learning here have taught me a lot about myself. As a person and as a professional. I think this time around, I'm a little more wiser and hip to certain things. And I have zero tolerance for people who pull the okie doke with me

Comment

Lllooolll!!!

Comment

Just had another tenant get belligerent with me over the phone. His trailer is parked in someone else's spot and he's refusing to moving. Claims he had to move it there because another tenant asked him to so they could get their RV out. I asked him the name of the tenant and date and he got snarky with me. "Don't you have records of that?" I told him he needs to move his trailer ASAP or I'm going to evict him. He started yelling at me. I politely told him that I'm ending the conversation and I hope his weekend goes better for him. Then I said "God Bless you" and hung up. He called back 5 times but I transferred the calls to my voicemail. He didn't leave a message and I wasn't going to call him back.

Comment

Tell him you hope the trailer has a bed because he may be living in it soon. Never a dull moment there. Sometimes I wish I had a tenant or two like that here to get me pepped up.

Comment

Tell the guy you will have him towed if he does not move to his spot. If he does not move have him towed! Put everything in your notes of what you are doing.
                      Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

I have given the benediction that I'm no longer going to sort through people and their misfortunes with the bank or post offices. This is similar with my post about people with the "It's not my problem" attitude. Had one tenant tell me that we didn't receive his April payment because "our bank cancelled his check". Which made no sense because I never got the check in the mail! Then he tells me that he found out the post office "sent the checks for April and May back". That doesn't sound right because I DID get the check meant for May. Unfortunately for him since April wasn't paid, that check went to cover what was owed for April. So he still owed for May and was angry he had to pay that plus the late fee. This isn't he first time we've had this check issue. It's actually like the 4th time. So whatever issue people have with their bank or the post office...is between them and the bank/post office. I just don't have the patience to sort through that drama. Especially if I feel my BS radar going up, and they're giving me the okie doke.

Comment

Bella, he has a debit card. Whoever has a checking account does. Now I know someone will say they don't have one and do have a checking account but for the sake of this story, I bet he does have a debit card. Anyway, tell him to pay with his debit card at the office or web site and shut his pie hole. Or get cash from the bank and bring it in. Either way, he created the problem and is not up to you to fix it. Tell him to stop giving you the okie doke!

Comment

So the tenant I told to move his trailer came in last night around 7pm. He brought in some rickshaw with bicycle parts in it. I told him he had until the 25th to move his trailer. Don't know if he's using this rickshaw to move it or not. Unfortunately I can't have the trailer towed. Thought I could but since we don't have a contract with a towing company out here, we'd have to pay for it out of pocket on the spot. So most likely I'm going to wind up evicting him.

Comment

If the trailer just has a bumper hitch on it, instead of a fifth wheel hitch, you can hook up a pickup and move it yourself if he doesn't have a lock at the hitch. Of course if you do move it and whether you create any damage or not, he can say you damaged the trailer. I would just evict him and if he doesn't move out then you can have the tow company take it and they then have a lien on it till all paid for.

Comment

If the trailer just has a bumper hitch on it, instead of a fifth wheel hitch, you can hook up a pickup and move it yourself if he doesn't have a lock at the hitch. Of course if you do move it and whether you create any damage or not, he can say you damaged the trailer. I would just evict him and if he doesn't move out then you can have the tow company take it and they then have a lien on it till all paid for.
                                I like it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X