Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Won't Be Ex-Tenant Soon Enough!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Once she gets to full rent and if she pays like she is supposed to then I don't care but if she defaults and goes to lien I will sell her things just like anyone else. I know the owner will back me up. We had this talk when I rented the unit because I told them that even though I knew her I would bet she would be problems. They said then they have my back and to raise the rent up after the initial 3 months. The lock, I don't care about. We can only try to help but only so far and then it is just treat them the same as others and do what the lease says. I will lose no sleep over it, for sure. This will be just another moment of when I get to say, "I told you so!"
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

    Comment


    • #32
      Got an email from this guy yesterday morning. It included an attachment showing the payments he's made to us since 4/11/17 and he asked for his balance. The first thing I thought of when reading it was he's accusing us of trying to rip him off again. Then again, maybe he just needed to know where he stood. Anyway, he has $50/week scheduled payments through his bank, and his email says he's paid $500 since 4/11/17. Not so fast. The next check from his bank isn't scheduled until next week, so I'm not counting that as part of the $500. Then, he bounced 2 of the previous ones, so those are out. In reality, he's paid $350. So, in my reply email I broke it down for him. I am also quite sure he has already received notice from his bank about his 2 bounced checks. If he thinks we don't know about them, he's crazy. AND, I copied the boss on that email (and sent her text letting her know so I knew she'd seen it).

      He was supposed to remove the last few things on Monday but I'm giving him a little slack on that since we've had terrible rain storms that finally seem to have ended last night. We'll see what happens in the next day or so. I may end up talking with the boss about moving his items to the facility unit and just closing his out. Then I can send him an email, copy the boss on it and he either comes to get his stuff or it sits there. I don't care either way.
      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

      Comment


      • #33
        Your documentation is perfect. CYA! He knows about the bad checks and the fact that his next scheduled check has not arrived yet and since he is getting out I bet it does not show anyway. Whatever was supposed to be worked out as far as paying off his balance, I bet gets tossed to the side. He, if you have contact with him, will feign confusion and sincerity but I feel he will not keep any promises and he will not be back for his other items. I am a cynic at times, especially when so many broken promises and accusations are thrown in to the mix. I can see, on the horizon, my own problem child with the lady we all know here. When it does happen, and it will, I am going to remind the owners of why I screen so heavily.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          Your documentation is perfect. CYA! He knows about the bad checks and the fact that his next scheduled check has not arrived yet and since he is getting out I bet it does not show anyway. Whatever was supposed to be worked out as far as paying off his balance, I bet gets tossed to the side. He, if you have contact with him, will feign confusion and sincerity but I feel he will not keep any promises and he will not be back for his other items. I am a cynic at times, especially when so many broken promises and accusations are thrown in to the mix. I can see, on the horizon, my own problem child with the lady we all know here. When it does happen, and it will, I am going to remind the owners of why I screen so heavily.
          Not keeping his latest promise either. No surprise. Last Monday I sent the boss a text about the unit STILL not being empty. She sent him a text and he responded to her saying he would have it empty w/i the next 2 days. It rained Monday and all day Tuesday, so I cut him a little slack on the vacating in 2 days. I kept an eye on the gate activity and his unit all week and thru the weekend. Never showed up. So, I sent a text to the boss again this morning saying he never showed up and he needs to be given a date he needs to be out by. His reply? He'd be more than happy to pay for another month of storage and he'll empty the unit as soon as he can. UUGGHHHH!!!!! If this situation were totally in my control, I'd be saying, "no, we terminated your lease. It expired more than a month ago. Despite your text messages and emails stating you would have the unit empty wi/ a specific number of days, you have repeatedly failed to do so.The unit has been w/o a lock for more than 14 days. You have until 8pm TODAY to empty the unit or it will be considered abandoned and the contents disposed of." I am so over this guy.
          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

          Comment


          • #35
            DairyGirl, it is happening as I guessed it would. Your boss needs to get off their ass and put a foot down and get him out or dump the stuff. Then I would bill him and send to collections.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
              DairyGirl, it is happening as I guessed it would. Your boss needs to get off their ass and put a foot down and get him out or dump the stuff. Then I would bill him and send to collections.
              Totally agree, but unfortunately not my call. As long as they are willing to let him continue like this, not much I can do but try to make it clear to them they need to stay on top of this. I think he'll be gone, eventually, but will take some time. His excuse of trying to "find a good home" for what's, basically, trash is beyond ridiculous and, as the boss put it in her text, we've been way more than fair in this situation. Now he's just taking advantage.
              Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

              Comment


              • #37
                Give them an inch and they will take a mile.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                Comment


                • #38
                  Woohoo!!! He's finally out! Vacated yesterday evening!! Doing my happy dance!!! :d:d
                  Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Those are supposed to be happy faces at the end of my post. Not sure what happened there.
                    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      DG, it doesn't matter what the faces look like, he is gone. So tonight treat yourself to a steak dinner, baked potato with all the trimmings and a large drink of your choice! Did he leave trash in the unit? You must feel so great right now. This all started with your post on April 10th and included all the troubles before that. Approximately 70 days later he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the owners now let you use your spidey senses for future tenants.
                      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                        DG, it doesn't matter what the faces look like, he is gone. So tonight treat yourself to a steak dinner, baked potato with all the trimmings and a large drink of your choice! Did he leave trash in the unit? You must feel so great right now. This all started with your post on April 10th and included all the troubles before that. Approximately 70 days later he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the owners now let you use your spidey senses for future tenants.
                        No trash, just needs a little sweeping. No biggie. The boss knew before I did because he sent her a text last night that said "unit is empty. good luck to you". She said it sounded rude. She could have let me know, but whatever. That whole "good luck to you" part sounds a little ominous, but he's got nothing to be mad about. He put all of this into motion when he stopped paying. I'm also willing to bet I never see another dime from him towards his $230 balance. Jerk.

                        And, yes, a steak dinner is a great idea!
                        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          And another entitlement era jerk bites the dust. You and owner are the bad guys because you actually charge for your services and don't "understand" what this snowflake goes thru and why he has problems. That is the kind of person you see with a flat tire on the side of the road and a smile creeps on your face as you drive by.
                          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            A fun little side note...in conversation with the boss I found out she recently signed up with a rent collection service. They make 3 attempts to collect the rent that is owed before turning it over to a collection agency. This guy will definitely be hearing from them if he decides to skip out on what he owes. Haha
                            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                              A fun little side note...in conversation with the boss I found out she recently signed up with a rent collection service. They make 3 attempts to collect the rent that is owed before turning it over to a collection agency. This guy will definitely be hearing from them if he decides to skip out on what he owes. Haha
                              That is great news. He will now get hounded for all the problems he caused. Called "just deserts".
                              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Office hours
                                Steve_hajewski
                                I am open by appointment only. Works fine in a small market. I mainly make myself available late afternoons and weekends.
                                Yesterday, 10:08 PM
                              • Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Standard Unit Door Opening Heights: 7' tall or 8' tall?
                                Steve_hajewski
                                Trachte's standard eave height is 8'4" which typically yields a 7' tall door. 9'4" eaves is a nice upgrade which gets you an 8' door. Aside from more cubic storage and getting the roof overhang or gutters further away from tenants driving in reverse, it also gets you a more substantial looking...
                                Yesterday, 10:06 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to Standard Unit Door Opening Heights: 7' tall or 8' tall?
                                pacnwstorage
                                Yep, only find that kind of room at an outdoor storage facility. I want to see how one of those auto correct back up assist units work on a Ford pickup truck....
                                Yesterday, 07:21 PM
                              Working...
                              X