You can't make up this stuff....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't make up this stuff....

I just received the following email from one of my managers that she shared with my entire staff. I think it's hilarious and wanted to share. Hope you guys get a laugh....

I have to share something funny that just happened to me I was renting a 5x5 unit to a very nice gentleman and he mentioned that his mom may put some things in this unit too and if she does hes going to make her pay for half of it. I said, Well its only a 5x5..she cant put too much in there. And his response was I only have about 5 totes and GIRL Im a Drag Queen..I am REALLY good at shoving big things in small places so they cant be seen..If you know what Im saying!!!! I was laughing so hard I could barely finish giving him all of his instructions.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    Senior VP of Operations
    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

So................does he turn in to his MOM when he dresses up as a drag queen? Which split personality did you rent to and how did he sign the lease, as himself or the mom? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I had two trans tenants over the years that rented storage units for their stuff. One of which partook in drag shows downtown. His wife did not know about his extra curricular activity. It got especially confusing when he wanted to be called Mr... coming in and Mrs... when she left. It took a while for some of my staff to realize that he was one of the same person.

I hope his/her mother knows about it, otherwise she will be in shock when she accesses her stuff.

Comment

I do have a guy here, long time tenant, that has a beard and looks like any normal man but does wear skirts when he is here.

Comment

Whatever makes a person happy and feel alive!
          Chuck G.
          Content Developer & Social Media Manager
          Online Storage Auction Services
          iBid4Storage

Comment

I bet he is! haha this is a great.

Comment

I had the boyfriend of an older tenant call me today. He gave me this long story about how his girlfriend (the tenant) couldn't let go of her stuff, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, he was tired of her paying $170/mo for storage, so he asked me if I would call her up, explain that we were giving her a rent DECREASE to $100/mo, and that he would pay the extra $70 for her each month.

When I explained to him NO, he goes on to tell me how he used to be an attorney for 30 years and knew the legal stuff dealing with storage.

I couldn't help but think why he wasted 5 minutes of my time then.....

Comment

He wanted me to do this without her knowledge of him paying the $70/mo mind you...

Comment

The only way I would even come close to doing that is if he paid at least a year's worth in advance. I also would not do it unless she knew he was doing it. If he is tired of her paying that monthly fee, why doesn't the boyfriend step up and pay all of it each month? In no way shape or form would I say I am reducing rent. If he was a lawyer and he knew the "legal stuff" dealing with self storage then he also knows you can "Not NO but HELL NO!"

Comment

I know, it was a very odd conversation to say the least. I had to tell him NO of course. He wanted an explanation, I asked him "what happens if you split up with her, then she only owes me $100/mo?...I don't think so.

Comment

Bet he said the same thing when you brought up them splitting up as I hear when I go over late fees when rent is not paid, "Oh, don't worry, that would never happen".

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post
                        so he asked me if I would call her up, explain that we were giving her a rent DECREASE to $100/mo, and that he would pay the extra $70 for her each month.
                        $100 > $70. Apparently math isn't required to practice law.

Comment

msequin, am I missing something? The original rent was $170. Reduce the rent to $100 and he would pay the difference of $70. That adds up to $170. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by mseguin View Post

$100 > $70. Apparently math isn't required to practice law.
                            I would NEVER, in a Million Years do what he is asking. Wow. He truly is a slick lawyer because he knows if you change her contract that is all she is obligated to pay. I would raise her rent $20 and let her move out. But that's me....
                            Stephanie Tharpe
                            Senior VP of Operations
                            A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
                            Nashville, TN
                            http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                            www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post

I would NEVER, in a Million Years do what he is asking. Wow. He truly is a slick lawyer because he knows if you change her contract that is all she is obligated to pay. I would raise her rent $20 and let her move out. But that's me....
                              If she wasn't a hoarder I probably would, but that is my most expensive unit and she will be in there a long time lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Krypto
                                Reply to Sick of Tenants Who Are Jerks
                                Krypto
                                This is so true Pac, you have got to teach them how you do business the right way, right out of the gate. Otherwise, this WILL happen again.
                                Today, 09:00 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to What is a typical managers schedule?
                                pacnwstorage
                                At last facility I had a relief lady one day a week on Saturday and I had Sat and Sun off. Here I work Tuesday thru Saturday and have 2 days off. I live on site at both places. Had my share of "people bothering me when off but that is the nature of the beast. I love the on site living quarters...
                                Today, 08:45 PM
                              • jodikay1
                                What is a typical managers schedule?
                                jodikay1
                                I'm wondering what a manager schedule looks like. Is it typical for a manager to have two days off in a row? Are they usually on-call and need to be within driving distance all the time? Would this be different if it was an on-site vs off-site manager? I read the salary survey report, but didn't...
                                Today, 08:29 PM
                              Working...
                              X