Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Loaded diaper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loaded diaper

Happened yesterday from 1:30 pm to 2:15 pm. Close to a security camera. Girl and boyfriend came in with a mini van to a unit her father had rented for her. They started unloading the unit and going thru all the boxes and sorted out clothes. I assumed a seasonal clothing swap was going on. There was a full size mattress and box springs partially blocking the view. I saw her reach in to the back seat area and pull a baby out and move to passenger front seat area. Changed the diaper and went back to clothes sorting. They drove off and I saw something white on the ground after they left. I replayed the footage and the white item/loaded diaper, was about 2 feet to the inside of the passenger rear tire as the mini van drove off. The van drove a few feet before the diaper showed coming out from under the back of the van. Curved sides and bottom passenger door sill being about a foot to the outside of the tire edge means she threw the diaper about 3 feet under the passenger side of the van. The maint man told me what it was. I called the father, his name on the lease, and let him know. He came just before closing and viewed the play back. He was pissed to say the least. He happened to inform me that the daughter was staying with them and that she has done the same thing at his house. Her parents must be so proud.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

We had some long-term customers come here one day with their little yippy dog. Went into one of the climate controlled buildings to their unit. Left a little while later, and my husband happened to be walking through that building shortly thereafter to find a steaming pile of dog poo in the hallway in front of the unit next to theirs.

I called the customer and informed them that they had left a pile of dog poo behind in our building and would they please come over and clean it up.

The man said "Oh no, that wasn't OUR dog, he would never do something like that". I informed him that we have it on video from our infra-red surveillance cameras if he would like to come watch. He replied "well I guess there's no point in arguing against that, is there?" And he came over and cleaned it up. Hasn't brought the dog back here since.

All kinds of nasty people in this world.

Comment

Lisa, I actually had a prospective tenant in my office with a small dog and the dog got away when the person let go of the leash to read some info I gave him and the dog got thru my walk in door to where I live and crapped on the floor just inside that door. I noticed after they left. His name was on the waiting list with a phone number. He came back to clean it up. He rents here still today and was very embarrassed. Good thing I like dogs.

Comment

I've heard of many things being left behind at a storage facility, but to toss a dirty diaper, like really?!
        Chuck G.
        Content Developer & Social Media Manager
        Online Storage Auction Services
        iBid4Storage

Comment

Welcome to Hippy Land of Eugene, Oregon where the entitlement era abounds and filthy people are the norm in lots of places. I am warning you all right now, have done this before, the youth we have in the U.S. will bring this country down in the end. I will be gone by then but it has already started. There are groups of younger people being brought up right but all you have to do is look at the down slide of school scores and graduation rates, all across America, and the trend speaks for itself. Add in the proliferation of medical MJ and legal MJ and lenient laws for even more harmful drugs and you have a recipe for CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I drove in one day to find two small bags on top of the dumpster. With human... oh, yes. Reviews the footage and identified the customer who actually threw them over the fence and onto the dumpster. Our contract specifies that what can charge up to $50.00 per item that we have to dispose of. So, yes, I did charge them $100.00 for that. And I wish I could have charged them double that.

Comment

If it was one of your customers/tenants you could kick them out as well, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckG View Post
                I've heard of many things being left behind at a storage facility, but to toss a dirty diaper, like really?!
                You must not ever have been a U-Haul dealer. Back in the days when we were burdened with U-Hauls,, on more than one occasion we opened the back door of a truck that had been dropped off overnight, to find one or more dirty diapers, that had been cooking up in the Florida heat for who knows how long.

Comment

LisaT - that's just disgusting. Hubby was a banker a time back and yep, someone left raw fish in the safety deposit box. Pretty angry customer. Yes, that does happen. Poops and smells - people can be so gross.
                  Chuck G.
                  Content Developer & Social Media Manager
                  Online Storage Auction Services
                  iBid4Storage

Comment

And, IMO, it gets worse with every generation as the entitlement eras get worse and worse.

Comment

One of our managers found some human looking poo behind her dumpster once.... eeeeesh

Comment

I let this go and go because I had told the father that after his talk with his daughter he needed to talk to me about why she did it and whether I would allow them to come on facility any more. It has now been 16 days since it happened and no response back, as of yet. I am going to wait till end of month and if I do not hear from the tenant/father I will call him and remind him of my request and his promise. I hate being ignored.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X