Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Tenant in Jail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant in Jail

So, I just had the mom of one of my tenants come in and ask about his unit...she saw the lien sale ad in the newspaper. She said he was in jail and she wanted to look in the unit to see if there was anything in there she could take out for him. I said no, unless she wanted to pay the rent/fees that were due, no one was getting in that unit. She said no she wasn't go to do that. She's not even going to pay to get him out fo jail. Good thing, too. Nothing but drug offenses on his record. Ugh. Glad he's gone from here. Oh, and he's in jail this time for "interference with railroad tracks and/or equipment". Wonder what exactly he did??
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

The railroad police are able to charge you for something as simple as trespassing, to vandalism to messing with train cars/tracks. You'd be surprised the amount of people that think train cars are easy picking for stealing and be surprised by the railroad cops. It's a long time away from the hobos who lived at the train yards.
    I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

I too have a tenant in jail and his is the only unit that has not been paid for this month. He will keep me from another month of $0.00 receivables at the end of the month. My spidey senses were on high when I rented to him but I caved in and now I regret it. He is in jail for domestic abuse. His "girlfriend" wants in the unit but I will not let her in and she says she will not pay. She says some of her things are in there. I remember warning them about sharing a unit in one person's name but what do I know. I will cut the lock on Nov 10th and go to auction with it on Bid13.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I have an incarcerated tenant too.
        His sister put her CC on auto pay.
        He was offered 38 years but he wouldn't take the plea deal!!!

He allegedly killed his girlfriend.
        Yeah, so apparently I have shaken the hand of an accused killer!
        Who allegedly used those hands to strangle his girlfriend!
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Our facility's serial rapist is still in jail. His sister pays his unit.

Comment

Makes me thankful for "drug" people. Haha
            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

IMO, you can bet the serial rapist and murderer and the rest, all have involvement with drugs. The downfall of the U.S. will be related to drugs. I hope I am completely off my rocker and will be wrong but I bet I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                IMO, you can bet the serial rapist and murderer and the rest, all have involvement with drugs. The downfall of the U.S. will be related to drugs. I hope I am completely off my rocker and will be wrong but I bet I am right.
                You don't want to hear my conspiracy theory about the current drug problem

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

You don't want to hear my conspiracy theory about the current drug problem
                  Yes I do, completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are afraid of the new "pac rule", you can PM me.

Comment

I had an incarcerated tenant go to auction due to non payment. I had a feeling he was going to be trouble when I first met him. Unfortunately against my better judgment I gave him benefit of the doubt. His mom said she was going to pay but never did. She also mentioned having another son who was hospitalized after being shot. It sounds like that family consisted of criminal elements.

Comment

Boys that can make a mother proud. Or she is the head of the gang. She isn't named Ma Barker by any chance?

Comment

I check the jail roster weekly and always find a tenant in there. One just got out for harassment. He said the church wanted him to see what jail life was like. He apparently sent harassing texts to someone at the church. No murderers just drugs and thieves mostly.
                        Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Drugs and thieves, almost the lowest of the low. Only 2 other rungs of the ladder below them.

Comment

A little bit off topic on this, but I know we need to cooperate with the authorities should any one of our clients be caught red-handed in something. Is there an actual guide to who and what kind of access we should be allowing to different people besides the cops? I mean, obviously you defer to the person who pays the bills, but besides that, we're sort of bound to secrecy in a way aren't we? It's all a little confusing for me sometimes.
                            storage Inner West

Comment

When someone wants access to a tenant's unit that is in jail, the unit must be current on rent and the person must have the gate code and key. It's that or provide us with a power of attorney. If the unit is in liensale, anyone can claim the property is theirs and pay the past due balance. They must then keep the rent current while they get a court order for us to release the property to them which is according to CA law. We have had many tenants in jail over the years. Some get paid by a friend or relative until he gets out of jail, other units we sell at auction. No one has ever provided us with a court order allowing us to release the property to them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X