'Uh-Oh' Moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Uh-Oh' Moments

Inspired by this thread, care to share a goof or otherwise embarrassing moment on the job?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I once referred to the young lady with an older man as his daughter. Nope, she corrected me, she is his wife.

They still rent from me.

Comment

I was listening to some really, really loud and really explicit music in the office when a customer came in. And the computer froze and wouldn't let me turn it off. Very red face here.

Not the only time customers have come in to very loud music, though. I rock this place.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
        Reply to Tenants on Autopay
        pacnwstorage
        New tenants must sign up on auto pay but can pay a different way if they pay before the auto pay hits.

letsgosonics, my auto pay has the capability to delay the auto pay up to 5 days for tenants that receive a check later than the first. It would normally be on the 1st right at midnight...
        Yesterday, 09:56 PM
      • Jeanette M
        Reply to Employee Discipline
        Jeanette M
        My assistant is fantastic and besides reminding ourselves sometimes that we need to work as well as chat, there are no issues there. We get everything done but we have a great time, too.

I have had to let several contractors and/or maintenance people go. It wasn't fun and in each case,...
        Yesterday, 09:53 PM
      • Jeanette M
        Reply to Tenants on Autopay
        Jeanette M
        I appreciate those that are on autopay but won't force anyone to sign up. The boss man wants us to go to no cash payments at all but in this area, it just isn't feasible. And we make a lot off of late fees, to boot. As long as they pay, I don't really care how.
        Yesterday, 09:45 PM
      Working...
      X