Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

WebSelfStorage... opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't really given a choice. They just announced that this would be happening on this date, making it sound like a really good thing! I knew it had been talked about for probably years. They prepped us with training that was a joke (just went over the everyday stuff that was obvious and would work very similar to the previous version), then did a 'static' transfer that the service reps didn't even know was happening, before the final 3 days later. Maybe they should have done the static longer or let us have access to both for a while. I don't know.

Comment

I had a recent hard drive crash. New computer and time on the phone with QuikStor for the download. All went smooth and during the upload and then download to the new computer the tech asked me, mind you-asked me, if I was interested in the free upgrades to the operating system. I said please explain the benefits. He did with clear concise explanations and it all went smoothly.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
        We went from WSS to

storEDGE

It's been a year and we can't be more happier.
        We are in the process of looking at their demo for storEDGE soft ware. We currently have Web self storage. Do you feel that S E can do everything that WS can do. We hate to have to learn a new soft ware, but WS is getting to be very bad with everything. We have 8 locations and this would be a big switch. Do you think it would be worth our move? Everybody give me your opinions.
        Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Originally posted by JohnTodd View Post
          Issues that come from from developing a piece of software without consideration to the impact on the end user in the facility, or the customer. They don't understand the daily process of the field managers, and they don;t understand across-the-counter issues.

Isn't that true of most software everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post

We are in the process of looking at their demo for storEDGE soft ware. We currently have Web self storage. Do you feel that S E can do everything that WS can do. We hate to have to learn a new soft ware, but WS is getting to be very bad with everything. We have 8 locations and this would be a big switch. Do you think it would be worth our move? Everybody give me your opinions.
            YES
            Yes
            Yes!

It is super easy to navigate around in storEDGE!!!
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

YES
              Yes
              Yes!

It is super easy to navigate around in storEDGE!!!
              Thanks Lady we have the demo and working very hard to learn it
              Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Thanks Lady we have the demo and working very hard to learn it
                If you need any assistance, I can try and help.
                I have been using storEDGE for about 16 months and I can navigate my way around pretty quickly!

Comment

If you need any assistance, I can try and help.
                  I have been using storEDGE for about 16 months and I can navigate my way around pretty quickly!
                  Thank you so much LADY, we just might take you up on your offer.
                  Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Thank you so much LADY, we just might take you up on your offer.
                    Will be happy to help!

Comment

We have been using WSS for about 3 years. We started out with Quikstor but the costs for every little thing was crazy! For the most part WSS is trouble free, user friendly and low cost. The live tech support is almost always within minutes of responding to my problems and if you happen to get Cody your problem is solved quickly and professionally. However - there are times when the system is down for some reason, printing reports or letters is offline for some reason and most recently they had a server fire which downed the system for a day. We have looked at other management software systems but they seem all very similar and the costs of some were very high. This morning I went on Storedge and requested a demo. I use Storedge for my website and couldn't be happier. VERY user friendly and flexible. I don't look forward to switching for fear of screwing up the whole system but I think it's time to take a look around.

My main concerns are:

Gate access system interface
                      Customer online management of their accounts
                      Site mapping flexibility
                      Being able to log in from anywhere
                      User friendly - especially for new employees
                      Ease of transition

Can anyone shed any light on these? Thanks Frank

Comment

Gate access system interface>>> No known issues at time of conversion. Seamless process.
                        Customer online management of their accounts>>>> No known issues. My tenants that pay on line say that they love the system, easy to use,
                        Site mapping flexibility>>>> My map in storEDGE looks just like other maps I have used (WSS) creating the new one was easy.
                        Being able to log in from anywhere>>>> One of the nice features with this product.
                        User friendly - especially for new employees>>>> Very user friendly.
                        Ease of transition>>>> We started in June of 2016! Couldn't be happier!

Comment

We are definitely going to storeEdge from Web self storage at the first of the year. We are in the process of buying a new facility and want to do all locations at that time We will have 9 locations to switch. Today we tried to put a tenant on auto pay and could not get the system to work right, we email tect dept.and they said go to the help section. They have become terrible and do not care. We are on the demo for storEdge and learning a lot along with there help. We might even call Lady. We are getting a lot of support from everyone. We like it better every day.
                          Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

We are definitely going to storeEdge from Web self storage at the first of the year. We are in the process of buying a new facility and want to do all locations at that time We will have 9 locations to switch. Today we tried to put a tenant on auto pay and could not get the system to work right, we email tect dept.and they said go to the help section. They have become terrible and do not care. We are on the demo for storEdge and learning a lot along with there help. We might even call Lady. We are getting a lot of support from everyone. We like it better every day.
                            Oh that's awesome!!
                            You guys will all be so happy that you switch!
                            We are!!!
                            Absolutely here to help!
                            Don't hesitate to ask!

We love storEDGE!

Comment

We were with WSS for about 4 years and switched to storEdge last year and haven't regretted it one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jreis12 View Post
                                We were with WSS for about 4 years and switched to storEdge last year and haven't regretted it one bit.
                                Why did you change? And welcome to SST
                                Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X