Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Using IPAD for Sitelink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My managers simply log in to the Hub on their phones and they love it. I had a staff meeting and asked if they wanted the tablets and the vote was No so we saved the money. We were totally willing to buy them.

We love E-Sign and also do it in the office as well as through email.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    Senior VP of Operations
    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

What do ~you~ think, Markus? Tablet or just the extra monitor and mouse?
      Thank you KrisInNc! There is no right or wrong when it comes to signature capture devices; only the right device for you. Signature capture tools range from simple signature pads to tablets and cell phones to single and double office monitors.

Many clients like tablets because they double as systems working outside the office, in or near the unit tenants may want to rent. With internet service, managers can rent units to tenants while standing in the unit they show the prospective tenant! As you know, SiteLink myHub, the browser version of SiteLink running on tablets and other mobile devices, is part of Web Edition and offers not just signature capture but also those other functions - renting, payments, reversals, walk through audits, transfers, dashboard and more. If your internet access does not reach to all of your units, the tablet may not be as useful for renting outside the office.

Tenants who can study the lease more easily on a tablet prefer that over a monitor - either touch screen or the mouse. Some tenants just prefer touch screen convenience vs using the mouse. That could be because SiteLink eSign lets tenants sign other documents, not just leases. If your tenants sign separate auto bill and insurance forms, not just the lease, ask yourself if your tenants prefer a presentation on tablets vs. terminals.

Next, think about how many signatures do you offer. Many SiteLink eSign users offer AT LEAST two - one for the tenant and one for the manager. How many text fields (in CA, many operators literally write 'military' for respective tenants), check boxes and radio buttons does your lease have? If your lease includes insurance forms and choices for document delivery (mail vs email) and makes tenants sign each of those areas on the lease, signatures add up.

We designed SiteLink eSign with as many forensics and safety tools for owners as possible. For example, some owners require signatures or initials on each page to confirm the tenant read each page. These owners want to avoid claims by tenants who later dispute the validity of the lease that they did not see all pages of the lease when signing the last (or first) page.

When looking at the more than 2,000 stores using SiteLink eSign, and the more than 1 million executed SiteLink eSign documents, the tablet wins as the most common signature capture tool but in the end, the final choice is yours.

Thank you so much for using SiteLink eSign,

Markus
      Last edited by markus; 18th June 2017, 03:21 PM.
      Markus Hecker
      SiteLink Software
      Phone (919) 865-0789 x1

Email Me

Visit www.sitelink.com for Self Storage Software
      , Marketplace, SiteLink eSign(TM) and Integrated Merchant Services / Credit Card Processing and EMV

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
        My managers simply log in to the Hub on their phones and they love it. I had a staff meeting and asked if they wanted the tablets and the vote was No so we saved the money. We were totally willing to buy them.

We love E-Sign and also do it in the office as well as through email.
        Thank you for using SiteLink myHub and SiteLink eSign, Stephanie! As for SiteLink myHub - one of the most important benchmarks is how well it works on mobile devices - including iPads and smart phones - and how fast it runs. Speed and uptime is one of the biggest criteria for any cloud system. Uptime means the amount of time the system is running, vs experiencing dreaded outages.

I so appreciate your note and your sharing your vote for using smart phones over other devices - thank you!

Thanks Stephanie!

Markus
        Markus Hecker
        SiteLink Software
        Phone (919) 865-0789 x1

Email Me

Visit www.sitelink.com for Self Storage Software
        , Marketplace, SiteLink eSign(TM) and Integrated Merchant Services / Credit Card Processing and EMV

Comment

Ok everyone,

We have decided to go with Samsung tab. Not the mobile network on either. Managers didnt think that they would necessarily use it out of the office. I like the idea of using MyHUb on a cellphone.

Now my next question... Do you think that a large Tab (10"), is better then the touchscreen monitor?.. our office really is not setup for swiviillng things around. I think a decent size tab would be fine. Im not sure the 23" monitor adds more benefit to the lease reading. If they want to review it further, we can print a copy of their lease no?

Everyone's thoughts on this would be great!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmidgley View Post
            Ok everyone,

We have decided to go with Samsung tab. Not the mobile network on either. Managers didnt think that they would necessarily use it out of the office. I like the idea of using MyHUb on a cellphone.

Now my next question... Do you think that a large Tab (10"), is better then the touchscreen monitor?.. our office really is not setup for swiviillng things around. I think a decent size tab would be fine. Im not sure the 23" monitor adds more benefit to the lease reading. If they want to review it further, we can print a copy of their lease no?

Everyone's thoughts on this would be great!!
            Here is a link to the touch screen monitor that we use https://www.amazon.com/T2364t-23-Mon...22+touchscreen

The screen can be used as a giant tablet with the included stand similar to how you see in the photo you see posted above. That would be ideal if you have a multi level counter. Or for reference again here is my setup

There are monitor mounts where you can mount a screen back to back in case the customer is right on the other side of you. There are a ton of options if swiveling isn't an option.

I also have a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 10 tablet as well that I have used along with my phone. So I have tried both 7" and 10" tablets, and they do work good. But the ease of viewing the rental agreement in large easy to read text put the monitor over the top.

Previously my agreements were on paper and the terms were rather small just to get everything to fit onto 2 pages. Which means a lot of people didn't actually read the agreement before they signed it. This lead to numerous people complaining when things that were in the rental agreement happened because they never read it.

I find in my current format that more tenants are reading the entire document, I find it easier to go over it with them as well. This does lead to rentals taking a little more time to complete.

So my answer is have both, have your main rental station have a touch screen monitor to help a bulk of your customers, but you should also have a tablet as well. You can use this if your main station is busy to keep helping additional customers. One thing we have done as well is add a wireless hotspot to our cell phone account as a backup internet source. That way if internet goes down you can turn on the hotspot and use the tablet and be back in action. That also works in the event of a power outage.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post

Here is a link to the touch screen monitor that we use https://www.amazon.com/T2364t-23-Mon...22+touchscreen

The screen can be used as a giant tablet with the included stand similar to how you see in the photo you see posted above. That would be ideal if you have a multi level counter. Or for reference again here is my setup

There are monitor mounts where you can mount a screen back to back in case the customer is right on the other side of you. There are a ton of options if swiveling isn't an option.

I also have a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 10 tablet as well that I have used along with my phone. So I have tried both 7" and 10" tablets, and they do work good. But the ease of viewing the rental agreement in large easy to read text put the monitor over the top.

Previously my agreements were on paper and the terms were rather small just to get everything to fit onto 2 pages. Which means a lot of people didn't actually read the agreement before they signed it. This lead to numerous people complaining when things that were in the rental agreement happened because they never read it.

I find in my current format that more tenants are reading the entire document, I find it easier to go over it with them as well. This does lead to rentals taking a little more time to complete.

So my answer is have both, have your main rental station have a touch screen monitor to help a bulk of your customers, but you should also have a tablet as well. You can use this if your main station is busy to keep helping additional customers. One thing we have done as well is add a wireless hotspot to our cell phone account as a backup internet source. That way if internet goes down you can turn on the hotspot and use the tablet and be back in action. That also works in the event of a power outage.
              Can you also make payments on the tablets? That would be great if you're renting a unit and have a tenant wanting to pay.
              I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

Can you also make payments on the tablets? That would be great if you're renting a unit and have a tenant wanting to pay.
                I have not found any card swipers that will work with apple or android yet and I have bought and tested 3 different ones.

But I have this tablet to go along with my android ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased that windows tablet for less than $500, and it is a laptop replacement device so it is actually a full powered computer, and as such does work with the same card scanners that work on the desktop. That tablet is not available new at this time, but similar ones can be had in the same price range. There is no need at all to spend double the price on a Microsoft Surface.

So I guess it would depend on how often you use the tablet, and for what purpose.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X