Storage software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage software

Went to ISS world expo and talked with many storage software companies. Of course still lots of questions. I am looking for any info you might have on 6storage, Easy Storage Software, quik store or Sentinel Anyware? I know there are many more companies out there but I think I have narrowed it down to these companies. We are a single facility ( at this time but looking to expand) with a small facility of just under 200 units. Would love any info (good or bad) that you have on any of these systems and I thank you in advance. You can PM me if you have info you don't want out for everyone.

I use 6storage. Been happy with them so far. Can't beat it for less than $30 a month especially when it comes with a website. They don't charge outrageous maintenance fees just to answer your basic questions. They don't have maintenance fees. They can be reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week and handle any problems usually in less then 24 hours if not instantly. They entered all my customer data for free and set everything up before I ever game them a dime.

Comment

I have not tried Sentinel Anywhere yet so can't comment directly on that product, but I have had issues with sentinel support in the past, so it made me not consider them as an option for software. Quickstor was not going to work for what I needed. Easy Storage I did demo, and the software was just to basic to take care of the tasks I needed. So I opted for something more advance. I am not familiar with 6storage so can't offer any insight one way or another on them..

Comment

If you missed Storage Commander, look into them too. I'm a small single site operator (400 units) and they've been terrific to work with, I know they can scale along with you. They've made changes to my application just for me and my needs, every other company I called wanted me to change to fit them. If you did see them at the show and for some reason took them off your list, then disregard.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I have three facilities and started out with 6Storage. I found that the software was limited in its abilities and while they were improving quite a bit as they went, it was still not what I needed. I then switched over to Easy Self Storage and have been blown away for the service and support I get for the cost.The website is much more user friendly and the system loads better on cell phones and desktops. I also subscribed to their Call Center service and it has honestly been a life changer for me. They have taken over so much of my day to day angst that it has allowed me to focus ON my business instead of answering calls from tire kickers, they handle taking call in payments, etc. The software can be setup to send out automatic late notices, lockout notices, etc. I've gone from carrying 3 different cell phones to one personal number that only they text or email me to let me know someone rented a unit.
          The price difference between the two are negligible.

Comment

RandyL you mentioned "So I opted for something more advance". What software are you currently using?

I have looked into some of the software providers. 6Storage just seemed way to basic for what I will need. QuikStor and Sentinel just seemed too outdated to me. Easy Storage Solutions is closer to what I am looking for since I want something web based.

Comment

What was it about QuikStor you didn't like? I have 600+ units and I have very few problems that when I get in touch with them, either by phone or email, handle the problems and walk me thru it all in a very timely manner. None of them are perfect and I have used Sentinel at the last facility. I find QuikStor better than the Sentinel I used.
              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                What was it about QuikStor you didn't like? I have 600+ units and I have very few problems that when I get in touch with them, either by phone or email, handle the problems and walk me thru it all in a very timely manner. None of them are perfect and I have used Sentinel at the last facility. I find QuikStor better than the Sentinel I used.
                I found when I was looking that Quickstor had limitations when it came to running remote facilities without an office. I believe there were hassles or perhaps not just ease of use when switching between multiple locations.

Comment

Fortunately with one facility, that problem has never come up.
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
                    I use 6storage. Been happy with them so far. Can't beat it for less than $30 a month especially when it comes with a website. They don't charge outrageous maintenance fees just to answer your basic questions. They don't have maintenance fees. They can be reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week and handle any problems usually in less then 24 hours if not instantly. They entered all my customer data for free and set everything up before I ever game them a dime.
                    Thanks much for your support in mentioning about us, We believe that "CHANGE" is to be embraced smoothly hence insist to setup for free of cost and even more give you time to play around to make sure it's what you're looking for and then move forward with us.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• razorback
                      Reply to Disposal of returned lien sale property
                      razorback
                      Thank you for all the advice. This is the first time in over 10 years that a buyer actually brought stuff to me! I called the man and told him that I would hold his stuff for 2 weeks. He did come to get it. Afterward the buyer brought me a box full of personal papers. I just shredded them and went...
                      Today, 12:29 PM
                    • razorback
                      Reply to I think I have a sneaky tenant
                      razorback
                      I had this problem back in November. Trust your gut on something like this and take time to look back at your security footage. My sleeper turned out to be hiding from his parole officer in his unit. Guess him and his wife didn't think that I would notice her dropping him off in the evening and picking...
                      Today, 12:22 PM
                    • Advantage IT
                      NCSSA May Seminar 2018 Cornelius
                      Advantage IT
                      Anyone going to the NCSSA Event at the Penisula Club in Cornelius in May?

Cindy Ashby and I are doing a Managers Seminar "Back to the Basics"

We also have Megan Smith, a well known Self Storage CPA, is coming in from LA to do the owners line on Hot Topics as related...
                      Today, 11:07 AM
                    Working...
                    X