No announcement yet.

Forest fires in the PNW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in Washington and it is bad here to. Ash falling on all the cars, looked like snow.

We just had a fire here two months ago at our facility, so fire is not my favorite thing.
    Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

True story here: I was just outside and actually felt a few rain drops. I thought I was gonna faint with happiness. It stopped but is still cloudy. Hope it pours tonight.

jlemke, I wasn't living here yet but way back when Mt. Saint Helen's erupted north of Portland, Oregon there was a big coverage of ash from the sky all the way here in Eugene and further south. I have seen pics of it. It looked like an apocalypse. Very eerie looking to say the least.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Pac I was managing apts in Auburn, WA when St Helens blew. If I knew that people wanted that ash I would have saved it and made some money. The whole parking lot was full of it, we washed it down and ended up with mud.
        It was a mess for a long time. I hope we get rain tomorrow.
        Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

I had heard the ash was so thick that vehicles could not keep running because instead of air being pulled in to mix with the fuel for the engine, the ash clogged air intakes and stalled engines. There was a time when I was visiting my cousin in Northern Ca. and he lived close to the Orville dam, that was recently in the news, and we were below the damn on a road and the spillway was open and the water spray was so thick it created so much moisture in the air that the truck we were in stalled out and we could not restart till after the spillway shut down. We were not in danger but it was kind of scary.

Comment

Thankfully it has rained here, on and off, since just after midnight and throughout the day. The temps are down and the humidity is up and there was even warnings, north and west of here, for thunderstorms and hail the size of a quarter. I did hear rolling thunder here 2 times today. Everyone is ecstatic over it all. 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Hopefully enough of these rains make it to the areas with the large forest fires and the smoke.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
              Reply to Background checks?
              pacnwstorage
              Just before close at 6 PM I had a call from a young guy asking if I had ANY units. First red flag there. I asked if he knew what size he needed and when he needed it. He said I need it today! Second red flag! He said he needed an 8x10 or a 10x10. I have a couple open 5x10 units but no 10x10. I did not...
              Yesterday, 09:59 PM
            • Krypto
              Reply to Background checks?
              Krypto
              Background checks, and credit checks, for a person to rent a storage unit, is a slippery slope for sure! I Pac has the best method, which is to say there are no vacancies, until he can tell that the person will not be a PITA. Everyone has a past, some complaints, maybe even some convictions. You cannot...
              Yesterday, 09:27 PM
            • danikahsafestor
              Reply to Dumbest lock stories?
              danikahsafestor
              We've just assumed they have no idea what they are doing. It's hard to keep a straight face sometimes. Or those people who can't get their unit open and they just need to push down with their foot to slide the latch. It's so satisfying to go all the way out there and open it immediately when they've...
              Yesterday, 08:45 PM
            Working...
            X