Friday the 13th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday the 13th

It only happens a few times a year, but everyone notices when the 13th falls on a Friday. Other than being the name of a horror-film series, the day is considered "unlucky" by many. There are examples from history on why the day is considered such, and there's even a phobia name for it: paraskevidekatriaphobia.

What are your thoughts on this notable date?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Kind of the same as the 13th floor of a hotel is skipped, I really don't think about it much. At 65, I have lived thru a bunch of Friday the 13's. Hell, I think I will celebrate it and have steak for dinner tonight, a 13 oz. sirloin, with 13 onion rings and 13 oz. glass of Corona draft beer.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

pacnwstorage that's how it's done!
      Amy Campbell
      Editor
      Inside Self-Storage
      amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

"Superstitions?" "We don't need no stinkin' superstitions!"

Comment

It's just another day on the calendar for me!!!
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
            Kind of the same as the 13th floor of a hotel is skipped, I really don't think about it much. At 65, I have lived thru a bunch of Friday the 13's. Hell, I think I will celebrate it and have steak for dinner tonight, a 13 oz. sirloin, with 13 onion rings and 13 oz. glass of Corona draft beer.
            Ha! My kind of celebration Pac except I would do 13 ounces of Pinot Noir.

I have NO FEAR of Fear. LOL!
            Stephanie Tharpe
            Senior VP of Operations
            A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
            Nashville, TN
            http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
            www.tnssa.net

Comment

My youngest was born on Friday the 13th. A day I will never forget! So, the day to me always makes me happy....

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                Corona all the way with a lime Ummmmmm
                Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Two limes, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post

Ha! My kind of celebration Pac except I would do 13 ounces of Pinot Noir.

I have NO FEAR of Fear. LOL!
                    I would just about bet that if there were people afraid of a noise in another room that you would be first thru the door to check it out. Hell, you are clear across the country from here and I still get scared by you sometimes. As afraid as Bighank gets from rodents/bugs and cartoon characters, this must be a very bad day for him. LOL! Hope he takes this in the fun way I meant it!
                    Last edited by pacnwstorage; 13th April 2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dave Scott
                      Reply to Online Rentals - Amazing Results !
                      Dave Scott
                      We just started last month renting on line and it is working good so far. We have Kiosks and there is not a lot of difference But you know nothing is perfect. I guess you could call it the future.
                      Yesterday, 05:36 PM
                    • evansr
                      Reply to Post date move in
                      evansr
                      We use storEDGE and have been asking for the feature since 2014 when we switched from sitelink stand alone. We were told that they would be adding the feature soon, and that has yet to ever happen. We offer RV Storage, and so say if a customer comes in on the 15th but won't need it until the 1st, we...
                      Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                    • Bighank
                      Reply to The Lost Art of Customer Service - Have we forgotten?
                      Bighank
                      My wife and I ran a property down in Dallas. We were right down town in a very bad part of Dallas. Lots of transients and drugs were rampant. The reason I mention all of that is it did not make a difference to us. When we left one my homeless people that I had to bicker with fairly often came up...
                      Yesterday, 03:11 PM
                    Working...
                    X