Announcement

Collapse

Holiday Closures

Due to office closures during the 2017 winter holidays, SST membership registration may take longer to process. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. Happy holidays!
See more
See less

Operations/Employee Manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operations/Employee Manual

I really am going to cut to the chase. I am an effective director of biz ops for a growing small family trust operation. We are hitting a point that we need both of these things (Operations/Employee manual). We all know what we do and how we do and daily/weekly/monthly bull****. With FORMS/PROCESS/OPEN/CLOSE! I do NOT have the time (although I have an assembled file, and distribute a 30 page thing to new-ish employees) to compile a coherent manual for both. Please do NOT insult me by referring me to Bob Copper or whomever the equivalent of self-storage TedTalk happens to be as we settle in to third gen operations into fourth gen visionary things. Yes, I know ISS has such a thing, but -- as in see above -- please do not insult me here.

Succinctly:
    If someone/anyone can promise me a Word file that is both, I will go consultants fee on you. I will pay for this. And in return, I will annotate with my largely excellent feedback (with lots of footnotes on that annotation) -- so maybe you get some higher level feedback in return, no charge

ETA: Message me privately, if it makes you or me more comfortable

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Somewhere in flyover country

I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.
    Last edited by wfh1432; 12th October 2017, 09:26 PM.

The Self Storage Association offers this. May be something you want to investigate.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    Senior VP of Operations
    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Thanks, Stephanie! I've seen that, and while nice enough, it's not quite at the level I was looking for in my inquiry. I may have to just dedicate an hour or two a day for a couple of months to put something together. I have a three foot high stack of material that I just need to plow through (a paragraph here/ a paragraph there) to get down to a two-inch dual-purpose manual/binder. The part of me that dislikes tedium dreads it, even though I know it is absolutely necessary that I do so.

I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.

Comment

Originally posted by wfh1432 View Post
        Thanks, Stephanie! I've seen that, and while nice enough, it's not quite at the level I was looking for in my inquiry. I may have to just dedicate an hour or two a day for a couple of months to put something together. I have a three foot high stack of material that I just need to plow through (a paragraph here/ a paragraph there) to get down to a two-inch dual-purpose manual/binder. The part of me that dislikes tedium dreads it, even though I know it is absolutely necessary that I do so.

I'd get manager feedback. There are things that are unique to each business-i.e. last facility required us to print out 6 different reports, and do the math i.e. if a payment was made after hours you had to balance the form for that day. This facility requires NO forms in the morning. Tell them, "Hey, write down opening duties, closing duties, reports that need printed etc. and put it into a word doc." then glance through and see which one did it clearest then have that person (sorry manager to whom I'm throwing to the lions) combine it into one cohesive document and send it to you.
        I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X